Company: Luminous Computing
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Hardware is bottlenecked by data movement and compute. We use
photonics to solve both. Our goal is to create a single AI training
and inference chip that will outperform the world's largest
supercomputer. Backed by Bill Gates, Luke Nosek, Ali Patorvi, Dara
Khosrowshahi, and other reputable Silicon Valley investors.
As the IT Manager/Operations for Luminous Computing, you will
manage critical infrastructure technology. The team is responsible
for the design, operations, and support of a wide range of
technologies, including backup and archive, data management,
support of compute, storage systems and core server infrastructure,
and all related technical support. The IT Manager's role will lead
technical teams that partner with stakeholders, systems and
application engineers, and technology leadership on the design and
implementation of foundational infrastructure services.
- To assess Software as a Service (SaaS) products for security
- To setup and monitor system security relating to resiliency,
malware intrusion, and
- To conduct systems testing to ensure that critical
vulnerabilities become identified
- Support of enterprise server infrastructure, storage and
- Cloud systems and services backend
- Systems monitoring
- Data management, backup and disaster recovery
- Maintain and improve security for areas of responsibility.Keep
track of various team
- projects, oversee delegation of efforts across different
- Provide mentoring to systems engineers, systems administrators
and support roles on
- the team, ensuring a path of growth for each team member.
- Achieve and maintain a working high-level knowledge of the
technology and technical
- Oversee creation of relevant technology budgets each year,
covering all major initiatives,
- renewal of equipment, expansion, and disposition.
- Work with the team to keep track of all service contracts,
maintenance schedules and
- other important timelines for equipment and services.
- Manage and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors,
consultants and industry
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware
- Resolves issues escalated by technicians and engineers.
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, testing, and
operation of cyber security
- processes and systems.
- Provide guidance on security architecture for threat detection
and response systems
- used as a part of the overall security operations.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of relevant IT experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted for education
- Proven experience managing technical projects and/or teams with
- Advanced technology knowledge including networking and systems
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing.
- Leadership and Organization skills.Excellent communication
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Problem-Solving aptitude.
- Experience with AWS, O365, and other Cloud Services
- Experience with Linux Servers
Luminous Computing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Luminous abides
by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.
Keywords: Luminous Computing, Mountain View , IT Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!