Software Compiler Lead
Company: Luminous Computing
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Hardware is bottlenecked by data movement and compute. We use
photonics to solve both. Our goal is to create a single AI training
and inference chip that will outperform the world's largest
supercomputer. Backed by Bill Gates, Luke Nosek, Ali Patorvi, Dara
Khosrowshahi, and other reputable Silicon Valley investors.
As team leader for the Luminous Computing compiler team, you will
be responsible for various aspects of either the frontend compiler
or the backend compiler as needed as your assigned technical
components. This will include contributing to the overall software
engineering project that is the Luminous Computing Compiler
project. In addition to your standard role on the team, you will be
the team leader responsible for team member assignments and
motivation, tough technical decisions for the team, and overall
project management for the compiler team.
- Leading the compiler team.
- Cooperatively developing the architecture for our combined
frontend and backend compilers.
- Designing and/or extending the SOTA of MLIR to implement the
- Developing high level driver models that enable end to end
compilations through both frontend and backend.
- Extending test coverage of the compiler.
- Extending, as needed, and maintaining the LLVM based back end
- Design documentations and design reviews.
- Work closely with architecture, software, and modeling teams to
ensure agile developments and design convergence.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in Computer Science with an emphasis on compiler
- 10+ years direct industry in compiler development in C++.
- Extensive experience with LLVM development is required.
- Familiarity with standard software engineering processes and
Additional Nice-to-Have Qualifications:
- Knowledge in ML algorithms
- Experience and/or detailed knowledge of CLANG internals is a
Luminous Computing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Luminous abides
by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.
Keywords: Luminous Computing, Mountain View , Software Compiler Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!