Principal Software Engineer
Company: Intuit Inc.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 9, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To protect the health and safety of Intuit
employees and prospective candidates, we've made adjustments to our
interviewing process. Learn more about how to prepare for your
virtual interview here . Intuit is a mission-driven, global
financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to
prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we're
using technology to build solutions to challenging financial
problems for millions of people around the world. Overview In this
role, you'll be embedded inside a vibrant team of data scientists.
You'll be expected to help conceive, code, and deploy data science
models at scale using the latest industry tools. Important skills
include data wrangling, feature engineering, developing models, and
testing metrics. You can expect to... What you'll bring
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent work experience.
- Knowledgeable with Data Science tools and frameworks (i.e.
Python, Scikit, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, R,
- Basic knowledge of machine learning techniques (i.e.
classification, regression, and clustering).
- Understand machine learning principles (training, validation,
- Knowledge of data query and data processing tools (i.e.
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms,
performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture
on software performance (e.g., I/O and memory tuning).--
- Software engineering fundamentals: version control systems
(i.e. Git, Github) and workflows, and ability to write
production-ready code. Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Interest in reading academic papers and trying to implement
state-of-the-art experimental systems
- Experience using deep learning architectures
- Experience deploying highly scalable software supporting
millions or more users
- Experience with GPU acceleration (i.e. CUDA and cuDNN)
- Experience with integrating applications and platforms with
cloud technologies (i.e. AWS and GCP)
- Experience with NLP and NLU Main differences with SW Engineer:
- ML engineers are not dev-ops or front-end or full-stack or
- Understanding of ML frameworks and techniques
- Excited about and knowledgeable of math and statistics--
- Emphasis on high-performance computational software
- Less emphasis on production of scalable and operation ready
- Less emphasis on ETL data pipelines and administering analytics
systems Main differences with Data Scientists
- Focus on excellence in software engineering practices--
- More emphasis on productionalizing code and client
- Less emphasis on data exploration and statistical analysis
- Less emphasis on detailed understanding of ML algorithms
- Less emphasis on designing ML algorithms Main differences with
- Understanding of ML frameworks and techniques
- Math and statistics knowledge
- Less focus on distributed data system details such as Pig/Hive,
Hadoop, Redshift, etc.
- Less focus on the ETL process and data transformation
pipelining How you will lead
- Discover data sources, get access to them, import them, clean
them up, and make them "machine learning ready".
- Work with data scientists to create and refine features from
the underlying data and build pipelines to train and deploy
- Partner with data scientists to understand, implement, refine
and design machine learning and other algorithms.
- Run regular A/B tests, gather data, perform statistical
analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of your models.
- Work cross functionally with product managers, data scientists
and product engineers, and communicate results to peers and
- Explore new technology shifts in order to determine how they
might connect with the customer benefits we wish to deliver. Hear
from our employees Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Futures
Group Conrad leverages tools like natural language processing and
machine learning to help tax analysts and small business owners use
TurboTax and QuickBooks more efficiently. For Conrad, Intuit is a
great place to learn, grow, and take full ownership of your career
path. Be part of a world-class culture Our culture We know that
innovation thrives in an inclusive environment. We want employees
with a wide range of life experiences to bring new ideas and
perspectives to the table. Our values are central to our culture.
They've been our guiding star since our founding and have allowed
us to thrive as we work on behalf of our 50 million customers.
People who give their best deserve the best in return. We offer
rewards that include everything you'd expect, and even more that
you wouldn't. Enjoy the best in class perks and benefits at Intuit.
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on
"Best Companies to Work For" lists year after year. Join us in our
mission to power prosperity around the world. EOE AA
M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
requirements of local law. Intuit is proud to be an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We make employment
decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by
federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable
accommodation due to a disability during the application or
recruiting process, please talk with your recruiter or send a
request to TalentAcquisition@intuit.com. For more information,
please read our EEO policy .
Keywords: Intuit Inc., Mountain View , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!