Human Resources Manager
Company: Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: July 31, 2022
ABOUT SILICON VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATIONSilicon Valley
Community Foundation is a regional catalyst, connector and
collaborator. We bring together the resources and skills of donors,
business, government and community to solve some of our region's
toughest challenges. We promote philanthropy in our region and
support philanthropists to invest with impact. Through advocacy,
research, policy and grantmaking, we seek systemic solutions to
drive enduring community change. Learn more at
siliconvalleycf.org.ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITYThis is a full-time,
exempt position based in Mountain View, CA.SVCF's work environment
is based on a holistic wellness approach and therefore, has
embraced a hybrid remote/office work environment. All SVCF team
members must be based and hold residency in California and must be
able to regularly attend team and staff meetings, trainings and
other gathering in Mountain View when required.Submit a resume with
cover letter explaining your interest in the position and what you
would bring to Silicon Valley Community Foundation and its team. Be
prepared to share a portfolio of previous work examples relevant to
the essential job duties, upon request. Internal candidates should
contact a member of the Human Resources department directly.JOB
SUMMARYReporting to the Vice President, Human Resources and a
member of a small and highly collaborative team, the Human
Resources Manager (HR Manager) manages day-to-day operations of the
Human Resources function with minimal supervision and considerable
latitude for independent judgment. The HR Manager provides
consulting services to employees, management and the organization
on a variety of topics including, diversity and equity, employee
relations, performance management, leave management and policy
interpretation. The HR Manager ensures compliance with federal,
state and local employment laws and regulations.This position
carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
recruitment and retention, onboarding/offboarding; employee
relations, training, performance management, policy implementation,
benefits, leave administration, policy or procedure updates,
training administration and workers compensation. This role will
have a focus on recruitment strategy development, implementation
and onboarding.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESRecruitment &
- Manage full talent acquisition cycle from recruitment to
onboarding. Proactively consults with hiring managers to finalize
job postings, develop a hiring plan, and ensure a productive, fair
and equitable hiring process.
- Partner with HR team and others across SVCF on new staff
onboarding, by developing and implementing a comprehensive
- Develop, implement and manage a consistent employee offboarding
program, inclusive of exit interviews with departing staff.
- Employee Training & Development
- Contribute to continuous individual and organizational learning
by designing, coordinating and delivering, where appropriate, staff
training and professional development.
- Evaluate and recommend organizational, team and individual
staff development needs and opportunities.Human Resources Strategy
- Provide input on HR strategic initiatives related to onboarding
and offboarding, employee engagement, diversity, equity and
inclusion, employee relations, succession planning, performance
management, leave management, policy interpretation and HRIS system
selection and implementation.
- In collaboration with HR team members, designs and lead
employee engagement initiatives, including engagement survey
analysis and implementation of action plans; execute best practices
to improve employee satisfaction.
- Drive accountability for department initiatives and Key
Performance Indicators by collecting, analyzing and reporting on
HR-related data and tracking and trending against established
- In collaboration with HR team members, designs and implements
effective performance management tools, including mid-year
conversations and annual performance evaluation process.Benefits
- In collaboration with HR team members, administer benefits
programs, including health, dental and vision, 403(b), and other
insurance plans, including processing benefits for new staff
members, answering staff questions about benefits.
- Manage SVCF's annual open enrollment process.HRIS
- Manage HRIS functions such as, documentation of employment
actions, recordkeeping and record retention, benefits enrollment.
Ensure accurate HR data management and integrity for analysis and
- Review and audit the various tracking systems on a regular
basis to ensure data integrity.Employee Relations
- Provides practical counsel and advice regarding the resolution
of complex employee relations matter, always applying an equity
lens and escalating to the Vice President as necessary.
- Document and investigate staff concerns, provide timely follow
up and prepare appropriate documentation.Human Resources Operations
- Build and maintain employee confidence by promptly responding
to requests and maintaining confidentiality in all HR
- In collaboration with HR team, help develop COVID workplace
reentry plans and provide ongoing staff support.
- Oversee leave management and ensure compliance under FMLA,
CFRA, ADA, and workers compensation, and under benefits plans,
including short-term and long-term disability.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records by overseeing the
creation, collection, and timely filing of all required
- Participates in quality and process improvement efforts in the
department and the organization.
- Maintains deep, current knowledge of developments in federal,
state, and local employment and labor-related laws.
- Assist in budget preparation and management, implementation of
employee retention strategies.
- Participate in wage and salary surveys to capture market data
to determine competitive compensation plans. Analyze and classify
new and revised positions
- Ensure that all human resource policies are in current
compliance with federal and state law. Update policies and
procedures as needed, including annual revision of Employee
- Prepare presentations and reports for a variety of internal
- Assist with other administrative duties, including invoice
processing and employee file creation.
- Other related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLSETS
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of experience in an HR generalist role that includes
significant responsibility in recruitment, onboarding; diversity,
equity and inclusion strategy and employee engagement.
- Deep knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and
- Commitment to the values, goals and mission of Silicon Valley
- Superior customer service orientation and an appropriate sense
- Ability to develop and sustain positive and productive
relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Highly proficient in HRIS and ATS systems. (SVCF currently uses
Namely and Trakstar (Recruiterbox).
- Expert level proficiency in the MS Office Suite, with
particular emphasis on Power Point and other presentation
- Capacity to be proactive, by anticipating needs and looking
ahead at all times; a self-started.
- Superior communication skills.
- Superb judgment, impeccable integrity and the maturity to
handle sensitive information with care and confidentiality;
complete discretion is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage a broad range of
relationships with care, to read situations well, and to treat
others with respect and humility
- Superior organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, knowing how
to prioritize and adjust timelines based on demand and other
- Ability to absorb high volume of information from a variety of
sources and to synthesize the key elements.
- Collegial, team-oriented, willing to pitch in as needed and
support challenges at all times with a high level of
flexibility.Comfortable in an environment that is flexible and with
circumstances that will require a high tolerance for ambiguity.WORK
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus.The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND INCLUSIONSilicon Valley Community
Foundation has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion
and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that is
representative of our community.SVCF is an equal opportunity
employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of
race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, religion, national origin, political affiliation,
citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran
status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by
local, state or federal laws.SVCF is committed to the full
inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment,
we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to
participate in the job application or interview process and to
perform essential job functions, of employment, please contact
email@example.com. Examples of reasonable
accommodation include making a change to the application process or
work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format and/or
using specialized equipment.
Keywords: Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Mountain View , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!