Company: Cypress Health Partners
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Responsible for providing primary and urgent care to a diverse
patient population, focusing on health maintenance, disease
prevention, patient education, and counseling. Works under a
Practice Agreement following established guidelines and within
established scope of practice.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrates the ability to perform physical exams on all
patients, neonate through the geriatric population.
* Obtains and documents the patient's medical history. Identifies
health risk factors.
* Demonstrates the ability to diagnose and treat common acute
* Demonstrates the ability to diagnose and treat chronic illnesses
such as diabetes and hypertension.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
* Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
* Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, i.e., laboratory work,
* Provides well childcare; women's healthcare, prenatal care,
* Demonstrates the ability to prescribe medications (see individual
state laws) and non-pharmacological therapies based on the
patient's diagnoses, health history and age.
* Encourages positive health behaviors for the maintenance of
health and the prevention of disease. This is done through
education and counseling.
* Always applies standardized care guidelines in clinical
* Provides patient and/or family with health education, counseling
and referrals to other healthcare professionals and community
resources when appropriate.
* Assesses and documents patient and/or family psycho-social
* Treats patients and families with respect and dignity. Maintains
high patient satisfaction scores.
* Collaborates with physicians and other members of the health team
to plan optimal care for the patient.
* Works with the patient and family to formulate a patient
treatment and education plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Provides follow-up care, determines the effectiveness of the
treatment plan, reassesses and changes the plan as needed.
* Documentation meets all standards and policies. Documentation
includes all findings, interventions and results. Appropriately
codes E&M at appropriate levels, without over or under coding.
Completes and signs all documentation timely, usually at the point
of service, but no later than the end of the shift.
* Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
* Functions as a patient advocate.
* Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, and function
under stressful situations.
* Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality
improvement (CQI) activities.
* Stays current with medical advancements, new technology, new
drugs through continuing education classes, society meetings,
professional journals, etc.
* Attends all departmental, organizational, and medical staff
committee meetings as appropriate.
* Meets the organization's requirements for participation in
government and private payer incentive programs, such as PQRS and
* Completes patient charts following appropriate documentation
guidelines in a timely manner.
* Assists with the development and implementation of specific
policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences, etc.
* Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
* Current Physician Assistant license from the California Physician
* The scope of practice is related directly to the PA's supervising
physician and California laws.
* Current BCLS certification.
* Registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
Registration must be obtained within the first six (6) months of
* Basic computer knowledge. Ability to master efficient use of
* Able to perform minor office surgeries, apply casts and splints,
laceration repairs. (Training will be provided if needed)
* Basic X-ray interpretation. (Training will be provided if
* Telemedicine evaluations for common minor injuries and
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
* Able to communicate effectively in Spanish is highly
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Due to the state mandate for Healthcare Workers, we will require
you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a
valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Keywords: Cypress Health Partners, Mountain View , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Aptos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!