Environmental Health Safety Specialist
Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job Description Summary:This role supports the Global Occupier
Services (GOS) Google account based in Mountain View, California.
The EHS Specialist supports the Cushman & Wakefield EHS Manager.
The role will partner with account leadership to ensure EHS
regulatory requirements, Google EHS programs, Service Level
Agreements, Statements of Work, and policies are integrated into
account operations.Job DescriptionPRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applies EHS practices to develop, implement and manage EHS
processes and procedures. Develops best practices to drive a best
in class Safety culture. The primary focus will be 80% with
Health/Safety matters and 20% on Environmental related support.
- Monitors federal, state, and local regulations (CAL OSHA) for
impact and effective application for C&W and Google.
- Collaborates with account leaders to ensure EHS compliance
requirements are implemented.
- Administers EHS programs for Cushman & Wakefield employees in
conformance with Google's standards.
- Oversees the Cushman & Wakefield Contractor/Supplier EHS
- Reviews, develops, and implements EHS processes and coordinates
with Property and Facility Managers.
- Conduct safety tours, self-assessments, audits and participate
on site safety committees.
- Supports Google's with regulatory inspections or audits.
- Investigates incidents in conjunction with Cushman & Wakefield
employees and subcontractors.
- Implements Cushman & Wakefield EHS Corporate Management
- Supports the Cushman & Wakefield EHS Learning Management
- Communicates and supports Google's EHS policies and performance
to internal stakeholders.REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor of Science degree is required. Specialization in
Occupational Safety and Health, or Environmental Health,
Environmental Sciences; is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in developing and implementing EHS
programs (with strong emphasis on Safety/Cal OSHA).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to find
- Strong communication skills and able to collaborate with
- Ability to travel to Google sites in the California Bay
- Ability to apply work experience and knowledge when analyzing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to leverage standard office systems such as Microsoft
Office Suite, SharePoint, etc.
- Broad knowledge of regulations (CAL OSHA/NFPA).
- Candidates with the ability to obtain Professional
Certifications (CSP, CHMM, etc.) are desirable.This position
requires that the employee perform services for a customer at a
customer facility. The customer mandates that all service providers
entering its facility be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In
light of the customer's requirement, C&W will require each
individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to commencing
employment in this position, except to the extent that applicable
law requires a reasonable accommodation for the individual (and to
the extent that such accommodation does not impose an undue
hardship on C&W).Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment
opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative--- Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state,
federal, or local law. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or
HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to
accommodations will go unanswered.
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Mountain View , Environmental Health Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!