Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer - Mental Health
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DescriptionWho are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world's
largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide
everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional
counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 20,000
licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted
more than 1,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and
mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls,
and video sessions that help people face life's challenges.
- We're taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine
clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product
development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are
relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status
quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally
and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept
agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your
own path from day one. We invest in our team's well-being and
professional development because we know that business and
individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain
flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!What are we looking
for?We're looking for a talented, motivated, smart individual with
a passion for software engineering, a strong desire to learn and an
interest in providing mentorship to junior level developers. This
position is ideal for a seasoned software engineer who has worked
on multiple challenging projects, someone who is not afraid to
write code to scratch an itch. We love technology and so should
you.What technologies will you work with?Our Current Tech Stack
IsWe use a combination of well established and more recent
technologies, always innovating, always experimenting. We're open
to new ideas and novel approaches.
- Backend: Linux, nginx, MySQL, PHP and Memcached.
- Frontend: Twig (php templates), Bootstrap 3, jQuery, HTML5,
CSS3/SASS and ReactWhat will you do?
- You will develop end to end. You own your features and see them
through to production and beyond.
- You will develop best practices and write clean, secure,
readable, scalable code. OOP where appropriate.
- You will collaborate with other team members - engineers and
- You will integrate and build for external and internal
- You will develop new products in PHP and alter existing PHP
code to accommodate scale and integration with new technologies and
- You will write and optimize SQL queries and design
- You will create and code complex backend algorithms.
- You will profile and optimize new and legacy code.
- You will be leveraging Bootstrap 3, jQuery HTML5, CSS3 and
other open source technologies.
- You will always be thinking cross-device and cross-platform,
mobile, tablet and desktop.
- You will ship often and fast. We keep an agile environment with
- You will care and be involved in our product, mission, and
success - way beyond checking off development tasks.
- You will enjoy great teamwork and lots of fun. What will you
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad
attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much
time we have until the next round". We're fully backed and funded,
all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to engineering and coding. Have a
thought or idea about how we do our product, marketing, business
development, operation or customer support? Speak up! Get involved,
- You will NOT chase the latest most sophisticated technology
just because it's there. We love sexy technology but we love
practical solutions that get the job done even more.
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we
believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance.
- Must be able to legally work in the US.
- Deep understanding of web development concepts and
- Example of full-stack projects.
- At least one major demonstrable project with front-end code,
back-end code and database.
- Ability to design, develop and launch a web application from
start to finish.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Get-things-done attitude with eagerness to build something
- 5+ years of experience in web development (any stack), solving
challenging problems and implementing new features from
- 3+ years of experience in SQL. Designing relational DB schemas,
complex queries, etc.
- Familiar with web & SQL security best practices.
- Comfortable working outside the context of a framework.
Frameworks can help you get some things done more quickly, but we
find it helpful if candidates are comfortable working outside of a
framework so they have a good understanding of what is going on
behind the scenes first.
- Experience using git in a team environment.Bonus (Helpful, But
- Work or internship experience in startups
- Experience with the LAMP/LEMP stackBenefits
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks program
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute
walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and
admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every dayThe base salary
range for this position is $110,000 - $215,000. In addition to a
base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus and
benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc
Health Benefits 2022. Total compensation is based on several
factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location,
education level, work experience, and certifications. This
information is applicable for all full-time positions.At BetterHelp
we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the
Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We never have and never will discriminate against any job
candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex,
color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status,
disability, or Veteran status.
Keywords: BetterHelp.com, Mountain View , Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer - Mental Health, Healthcare , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!