Psychologist Behavioral Medicine Specialist
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Psychologist Behavioral Medicine Specialist Job Number: 917498
Posting Date : Nov 4, 2020, 7:01:00 AM Description In a
Consultant-Liaison role, evaluates and diagnosis' Health Plan
members seen in primary care who have mental disorders or
behavioral conditions that affect or are a consequence of their
- Utilizes principles of Health Psychology to develop implement,
coordinate and evaluate treatment plans for referred members that
may include crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy,
psychoeducation groups and brief case management.
- Prepares concise intake evaluations and treatment plans, and
maintains ongoing confidential progress records in accord with
state and NCQA regulations.
- Provides education and support to members and their families to
encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Co-manages medical conditions through the use of
nonpharmacologic and behavioral interventions in order to leverage
physician time and develop appropriate patterns of
- Administers and evaluates psychological and neuropsychological
tests on a limited basis.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
- Provides consultation and training to other members of the APC
team in the areas of mental health, behavioral medicine and health
- Provides consultation on program development, and conducts
program evaluation and outcome assessment, as needed.
- Serves as liaison and refers to the Psychiatry Department,
Chemical Dependency Services, Behavioral Health Education,
specialty behavioral medicine services and other Medical Teams as
appropriate. Qualifications Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in clinical counseling, health or school
psychology from an accredited college or university. License,
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include diagnosis, crisis
intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy, and
consultation and collaboration with medical personnel.
- Knowledge of state regulations and APA standards as it related
to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
and within a primary care environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Familiarity with psychopharmacology and health psychology
background preferred. Primary Location : California-Mountain
View-Mountain View Psychiatry 565 Castro St. Scheduled Hours (1-40)
: 40 Shift : Day Working Days : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Scheduled
days and hours are dependent on departmental needs and may include
holidays and weekends Working Hours Start : Varies Working Hours
End : Varies Job Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Standard Employee
Status : Regular Employee Group (Union Affiliation) : NUHW Job
Level : Individual Contributor Job Category : Behavioral / Mental
Health Public Department Name : Psychiatry/Int Med Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Click here for Important Additional
Job Requirements. Share this job with a friend You may also share
this job description with a friend by email or social media. All
the relevant details will be included in the message. Click the
button labeled Share that is next to Submit .
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Mountain View , Psychologist Behavioral Medicine Specialist, Healthcare , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!