Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job Description Our client is looking for an experienced and
driven Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist with California Clinical
Laboratory Scientist License to perform UNITY, the only
non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) that can detect inherited
disorders such as sickle cell disease, spinal muscular atrophy, and
cystic fibrosis in the baby directly from maternal blood. These
disorders are extremely severe, but early detection and
intervention can significantly improve outcomes. You will join
their growing superstar CLIA team responsible for end-to-end
processing of pregnancy blood samples in high complexity,
high-growth CLIA setting. Responsibilities
- Performs clinical laboratory assays to provide data for
diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Analyzes test results and enters findings in LIMS.
- Performs quality control studies to ensure the accuracy of
- Engages in method validation under the direct supervision of
the Laboratory Director and General Supervisor.
- Verifies instrument performance by checking and calibrating
specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Organizes and contributes to R&D to CLIA tech transfer and
troubleshooting, training, and validations Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in the chemical, physical or biological
- 2 - 5+ years of related experience in a clinical setting (or 1-
3+ years of experience for Senior CLS position)
- A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License that
meets requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA regulations (42
CFR, part 493) (ASCP, CGMBS or generalist license is
- Hands-on training and expertise with manual molecular biology
protocols, including DNA extraction and PCR
- Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing
- Advanced knowledge of Google Docs, Google Calendar, Word,
Excel, Basic Statistics and familiarity with LIMS systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work flexibly and
well under given timeframes. Must be able to multitask, be a
self-starter and dynamic team player with excellent verbal and
- Knowledge of medical genetics
- Experience in a cell-free DNA setting Benefits Our client
offers a highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a
truly generous equity package. You will be working on interesting
problems with extremely high-impact.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Bevov, Mountain View , Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Healthcare , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!