Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
Location: San Martin
Posted on: November 20, 2022
OVERVIEW/BASIC FUNCTION:Responsible for the successful
management and profitability of a food and beverage
- Follow all applicable personnel policies and procedures when
taking necessary action with regards to personnel.
- Prepare work schedules and submit by-weekly payroll. -
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain effective flow of communication within the department.
- Handle and relay all guest compliments/complaints to the
- Monitor guest comments as they relate to the outlet and provide
correction as necessary.
- Develop new and maintain repeat business through effective
- Ensure accurate record keeping including, but not limited to,
food and beverage sales by meal period vs. forecast and other data
- Communicate with guests and make recommendations for menu and
- Ensure that the outlet operation runs smoothly and effectively
in accordance to the operational criteria of the property.
- Ensure that the outlet is profitable in accordance with
predetermined operational budgets.
- Ensure that guests receive the utmost in quality of product and
- Maintain compliance with government regulations pertaining to
- Reduce the possibilities of substandard service and guest
- Manage the development of junior personnel in both hospitality
and business skills.
- All other duties as required.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience: - - Minimum One year experience as a Manager in
Training or supervisor in the Food and Beverage Department within a
luxury or ultra-luxury hotel or restaurant.
- Education: - - - - Bachelor's degree in hospitality, hotel
management, business or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent
combination of education and work-related experience.
- General Skills: - - - Must be able to perform job functions
with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize
and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving
problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly;
understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers
as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain
confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. -
Must be skilled in the areas of social and business etiquette.
- Technical Skills: - - - - Demonstrated project management
experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale
projects from conception through implementation; demonstrated
experience in leading and developing people; strong verbal and
written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and
discussing technical information to establish rapport and/or
influence and gain understanding of others; knowledge of
hotel/resort operations management to include quality, operations,
and marketing/sales principles; knowledge of and experience with
luxury/ultra-luxury market niche required; demonstrated knowledge
of hospitality systems and software; understanding of hospitality
industry trends, performance metrics and verbiage; and, solid
understanding of financial analysis (profit/loss, cash flow, etc.)
in order to drive revenue and make decisions affecting the finances
of the business.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with
fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: - - - Must be able to exert physical
effort in transporting 30 pounds, endure various physical movements
throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at
times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with
guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Keywords: CordeValle, Mountain View , Food & Beverage Assistant Manager, Executive , San Martin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!