Partnerships Manager (Direct to Cell)
Company: SPACE EXPLORATION TECHNOLOGIES CORP
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: September 17, 2022
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity
is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one
where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the
technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of
enabling human life on Mars.
PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER (DIRECT TO CELL)
SpaceX is developing a breakthrough new Direct to Cell satellite
network to bring ubiquitous cellular connectivity worldwide via the
Starlink constellation. We are partnering with telecommunication
companies around the world to bring this service directly from
satellites to existing cell phones, with the goal of providing
coverage anywhere a phone can see the sky.
More than 20% of the United States and 90% of the Earth remain
uncovered by existing wireless networks, negatively impacting
communities around the world. Starlink was designed to connect the
disconnected and this new product will greatly expand that mission,
extending Starlink's potential reach to billions of existing
cellular devices. The applications range from connecting hikers in
national parks, emergency workers such as firefighters, rural
communities, remote sensors and devices, and people and devices in
emergency situations. You can learn more about this recently
announced effort .
In this role you will work with leadership to achieve partnership
and sales goals while collaborating with stakeholders across
engineering, business, and regulatory teams. The partnerships
manager demands a strong analytical skill set to drive customer
adoption, propose new business models, and forecast accurate
deployment timelines. Success will require systems thinking,
creativity, and excellent communication skills to synthesize
information that shapes future products and strategic direction.
This is a special opportunity to work at the cutting edge of
satellite consumer, enterprise, and IoT technologies with a world
class team focused on deploying networking solutions to the
- Responsible for all aspects of successfully closing partnership
deals between SpaceX and partners.
- Lead domestic and international partnerships, including leading
technical, regulatory, and product/pricing/business discussions and
- Support development and execution of international expansion
- Lead development of materials including playbooks, handbooks,
product documentation, whitepapers, case studies, marketing
material, presentations, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (engineering,
regulatory, business, etc.).
- Assist with development of commercial, marketing, and business
terms and materials, while staying up to date with internal
technology, regulatory, and business teams.
- Perform deep customer discovery and disseminate feedback with
the engineering team to inform feature and product directionand
- Manage execution of contracts, collaboration activities such as
pilots, and task agreements between customers.
- Support pipeline and forecasting efforts that inform strategy
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable
recommendations to the leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (engineering, physics,
math, computer science, or information technology); OR 5+ years of
experience in a partnerships, sales engineering, or engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing or engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in technical partnerships or technical
sales engineering role.
- Strong desire to be customer facing.
- Previous experience in an engineering role.
- Experience carrying a large enterprise revenue quota as an
individual contributor (millions per year).
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that scaled
rapidly or was acquired.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices, vendors, and
customers as necessary (up to 50% travel).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is
governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and
will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion,
gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability
status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action
Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview
process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310)
Keywords: SPACE EXPLORATION TECHNOLOGIES CORP, Mountain View , Partnerships Manager (Direct to Cell), Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!