Senior Manager, NPI Materials Manager
Company: Pure Storage
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: August 6, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
Operations Team at Pure
Operations covers areas including technical operations,
manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities.
The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain
close knit partnerships and everyone comes together a couple times
each year for exciting offsite trips and events. They strive to
ensure employees enjoy coming to work, and their role is meaningful
What You Will Be Doing
NPI Material Management
- Manage and lead a team of NPI Materials Program Managers.
- Drive material and supply chain readiness for all NPI builds
from concept phase to production handoff, partnering with cross
- Conduct BOM Risk Analysis and identify/escalate sourcing issues
(obsolescence, RoHS compliance, sole/single/dual source, long lead
- Manage and communicate material risks and trade-offs on new
- Manage to avoid excess and obsolete; report and disposition
during NPI phase
- Manage product material transition from NPI to production. Work
with CM/ODM and operations teams to ensure a smooth transition and
pipeline of NPI materials to sustaining.
- Conduct weekly conference call with CM/ODM to review material
readiness and availability for proto and pilot/ramp builds. Drive
CM/ODM to purchase materials per build/MPS requirements.
- Work with NPI PMs on build dates, build quantity requirements,
shipment allocation and any material requirements to support NPI
- Drive and support NPI product cost modeling and meet
NPI Procurement and Sourcing
- Plan and coordinate product sourcing strategy/supply chain
strategy with development/Engr and operations teams
- Issue Purchase Orders (PO) from ERP (Netsuite) and close open
POs. Sort, prepare and scan purchasing documents for electronic
- Review open purchase orders, contact suppliers to ensure
materials are shipped on promised dates, expedite orders as
- Influence sourcing decision based on overall cost and benefit
including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance,
quality and terms and conditions
- Drive risk buys internally or with CM/ODM
- Provide direction on shipping to CM/ODM
- Validate integrity and accuracy of costed BOMs
- Review and approve quotes from CM/ODM for NPI builds, work with
cross functional teams to validate manufacturing process related to
- Track and report quarterly projected NPI COGs against cost
targets, highlighting main cost drivers and product elements to
- Transition cost management from NPI to production. Finalize
initial product cost and transition to standard cost model
- Track and optimize overall cost of materials (COGS)
- Lead efforts to improve supply chain initiatives, system tools
- Focal point for product teams relating to NPI materials and NPI
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or
related Operations discipline
- 8+ years of experience managing program managers, including 5+
years experience in purchasing, supply chain and sourcing.
Electronics NPI procurement preferred
- Certification by a related professional organization (such as
APICS and NAPM) is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and cross-functionally
with Engineering, Operations and Commodity Managers, and CM/ODM
partners in resolving issues and conflicts in an expeditious
- Demonstrated understanding of the New Product Development
process, life cycles and requirements at each stage
- ERP and PDM experience is required
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience in Microsoft project, Power, Point Excel and
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you
require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Mountain View , Senior Manager, NPI Materials Manager, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!