Senior Security Product Manager, FlashArray
Company: Pure Storage
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: June 22, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The product management team is responsible for driving the Software
Roadmap for our flagship product, FlashArray. Product Managers
focus on defining and driving software features and capabilities as
well as being responsible for market and business analysis and
product direction. The team works with cross-functional teams
comprising of Engineering, CTO office, Partners, Marketing, Sales
as well as Executive Staff. The Pure Storage Product Management
team defines and drives the future of the all-flash array
- Define overall product and feature requirements - future
product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation
based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and
- Support and enable the product and solutions teams to design
cloud enabled storage and compute architectures.
- Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and
requirements for enterprise-class storage array systems.
- Drive roadmap based on market, technology, business and
- Field/Sales - engage key account field sales teams and channel
partners. Work with team to support sales process and drive the
overall customer engagement model
- Foster an active ecosystem of customers and partners.
- Responsible for competitive material development and SE/Sales
support materials as well as customer presentations.
- Customer/Market Research - gather customer feedback to
understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base.
- Work closely with the executive team to establish the scope and
goals of the project and provide leadership for the project
What You'll Need To Bring To This Role...
- 5+ years of combined experience in a product management and
product development roles
- Strategic leadership and strong business insight
- Experience with security standards, encryption, authentication,
or authorization concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of common compliance security regulations and
standards such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, EU Cybersecurity
Act, GDPR, FedRAMP and PCI
- Proficient in taking security concepts to create
differentiation in the marketplace
- Deep, technical understanding of enterprise storage
environments, deployments and use cases
- Executive presence and excellent verbal and written
- Critical problem solving and work with various stakeholders on
the security related areas, certifications, CVE tracking and
- Consistent track record of developing a vision, strategy and
execution plan for the security aspects of the product line
- Experience and a solid understanding of product life cycles,
release milestones, from concept inception to product
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and
- Consistent record of taking ownership and driving results
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or equivalent, Master's Degree a plus
- Security certifications are a plus
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you
require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Mountain View , Senior Security Product Manager, FlashArray, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!