Company: Fenwick & West LLP
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description Summary: The Practice Manager is responsible for
providing a combination of technical, analytical and operational
support to the Practice Management department. The Practice Manager
is a self-starter and strategic thinker who can work with all
levels of firm management. The Practice Manager will play an active
role in the development and implementation of key practice group
initiatives and play an integral role in the retention and
development of our associates through workflow management. This
position can be based in any of our California offices or Seattle
(WA) office.Job Description:Attorney Development and Workload
- Manage work allocation and utilization within the free market
workflow system using technology/systems.
- Support partners and associates to navigate the free market
workflow system and assist with staffing matters as needed.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and trusted resource of on-the-ground
practice activity levels and associate bandwidth.
- Evaluate practice group needs on an ongoing basis, identify
gaps in associate resources and support recruiting team
- Collaborate with our diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
experts and practice group leaders to further the firm's and our
practice groups' DEI goals through work allocation and
- Manage orientation and integration support for lateral and
- Serve as a first point of contact for associates on workflow
and time management.
- Work with partners and Legal Training teams to plan and conduct
formal training programs for attorneys.
- Work with the Legal Personnel team to support the evaluation
and associate development process.Management and Reporting
- Manage general daily administration and business operations of
the Practice Management department.
- Partner with peer departments on various strategic practice
group projects, including implementing process improvements to
increase efficiencies across practice and firm operations.
- Collaborate with Practice Management colleagues to develop
practice group business strategies; oversee execution of and
progress on practice group strategic initiatives; ensure that
practice initiatives are in line with the firm's goals and
objectives of the strategic plan and the firm's strategic
- In collaboration with the Finance department, review and
analyze utilization and profitability reports and other key
performance indicators and update Practice Management team on
significant performance markers, highlighting potential
- Conduct routine analyses of practice group financial reports
and metrics.Operational Support
- --Provide operational support to Practice Management team and
partner leads as needed.
- --Develop substantive agendas and presentations for practice
group, subgroup meetings and other industry meetings.Desired Skills
- Sound judgment and extreme--discretion with respect to
confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong emotional intelligence, ability to influence and guide
others, and able to provide quality and efficient client service
(to both internal and external clients) in a fast-paced
- Awareness and understanding of business improvement processes
and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, service mentality and ability to
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong data analytics skills to assess a range of metrics and
presents data in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to--organize and prioritize work in a
dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily
- Proficiency in MS Office and the ability to quickly learn and
utilize--additional software.-- Reporting to the Senior Director of
Practice Management, the qualified candidate will preferably have
3+ years of law firm or--other professional services experience.
Experience in practice management/staffing support a plus.
Bachelor's degree required; JD or MBA a plus. For more than four
decades, Fenwick & West has helped some of the world's most
recognized companies become, and remain, market leaders. From
emerging enterprises to large public corporations, our clients are
leaders in the technology, life sciences and cleantech sectors and
are fundamentally changing the world through rapid innovation.
Having worked alongside such progressive and cutting edge companies
for so long, our culture has come to reflect the entrepreneurial
spirit of our client base. Unlike traditional law firms, we move at
our clients' speed and have earned the reputation as a go-to law
firm for growing companies that need insightful, strategic counsel
to help tackle the challenging issues that arise when the law
cannot keep up with their pace of innovation. With the same passion
for excellence and innovation reflected in our client base, our
firm is making revolutionary changes to the practice of law through
substantial investments in proprietary technology tools and
processes. Our clients demand-and deserve-new ways to receive
best-in-class legal services more effectively. At Fenwick, we are
proud to be shaping our legal services to do just
that.------------------ We are proud to have been named one of the
Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year. Fenwick &
West LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as such, conducts
all employment-related activities without regard to unlawful
consideration of race, religion, color, marital status, national
origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender
identity, gender, genetic characteristics or any other
classification protected by applicable local, state or federal
employment discrimination laws.--We are committed to providing
equal employment opportunities for all. San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance Pursuant to the--San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records. Agency Submissions We accept submissions by
agency recruiters when a fee agreement has been established between
the firm and the agency. Agency recruiters, please submit
candidates here .
Keywords: Fenwick & West LLP, Mountain View , Practice Manager, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!