Company: Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Tracking Code 235-354 Job Description The Whiting-Turner
Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the
disabled and veterans. #LI-RP1 A Quality Manager's role is to
effectively monitor, direct, and coordinate the Whiting-Turner
Quality Management Plan (QMP) on projects and a proactive
personality that understands that schedule based activities. This
role will require working together with all project managers,
superintendents, and engineers to form an effective management team
for our clients. An overall description of the Whiting-Turner
quality manager's role is to implement and maintain full control of
all quality matters. Other major duties include:
- Reviewing contract documents (drawings, specifications,
contracts) and other project documents (submittals, shop drawings)
for constructability and accuracy. Train project teams to do the
- Developing the project-specific QMP with the Whiting-Turner
team prior to construction and managing the QMP throughout the
- Working with third-party inspectors and Authorities Having
Jurisdiction to clarify and deliver on the requirements and
expectations to expedite and simplify the inspections process.
- Collaborating with project team(s) to establish roles and
responsibilities for scheduling inspections, managing the
inspection process and participating in and leading inspection
- Participating in and leading portions of quality-related
project meetings including, but not limited to, Pre-Installation
Meetings, preconstruction meetings, kick-off meetings, mock-up
review meetings, first-look inspections, subcontractor weekly
syncs, specification reviews, owner progress meetings and others as
deemed necessary to manage the quality health of the project.
- Interfacing with the entire project team to ensure coordination
and optimization of production with quality management.
- Leading by example with quality planning and inspection of work
in place, managing the documenting of conformances and
non-conformances which must subsequently be documented as
- Interfacing with architect, engineers and owner representatives
to ensure understanding of and compliance with quality requirements
- Aligns with leadership on quality health of the project.
- Understanding, critically analyzing and extracting critical
quality elements from construction documents, submittals,
etc.Whiting-Turner will train qualified candidates to develop:
- General knowledge of safety regulations, local and state
building codes, environmental codes, availability of
industry-specific codes and guidelines.
- Whiting-Turner 101 training on all aspects of Quality
supervision and Whiting-Turner standards.
- Continuous improvement training and opportunities for career
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Suretrak, Primavera (or other
scheduling software), PlanGrid, BlueBeam, tablet use, as well as
opportunities to learn and utilize BIM/VDC and other technologies.
Job Location Mountain View, California, United States Position Type
Full-Time/Regular Copyright 2020 The Whiting-Turner Contracting
Company. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Whiting-Turner Contracting Company, Mountain View , Quality Manager, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!