Engineering Director, Desktop, Search
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 14, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical
field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in software engineering,
with experience in technical and organizational leadership.
- Experience managing engineering teams in a tech company.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related
technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Domain experience in consumer/user-facing tech products and
- Full stack engineering experience
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense
of vision or purpose, creating a compelling vision for the future,
communicating clearly, and using a collaborative leadership
- Demonstrated ability to think in a strategic manner to develop
innovative offerings and to operate effectively with a global
mindset and across regional boundaries.
- Ability to work effectively in and navigate ambiguity. About
the job Google is and always will be an engineering company. We
hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to
take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact
on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not
only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive
scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and
entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google
Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google
engineers are changing the world one technological achievement
after another. Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with Product, Data Science, Program
Managers, and UX teams to set the engineering vision and direction
for Google Search on Desktop. Build consensus across multiple teams
and organizations, and drive execution of complex projects with
multiple milestones and stakeholders.
- Partner with key stakeholders across Product Areas to ensure a
cohesive strategy and vision.
- Unlock roadblocks at corporate level and cultivate
collaboration with senior engineering and product leaders across
Google through leadership, creativity, intelligence and
- Manage a distributed team of 80+ software engineers globally.
Mentor, develop and grow a diverse group of future leaders, and
promote diversity, equity and inclusion in their organization.
Location Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran
status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also
Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or
special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by
completing this form . To all recruitment agencies: Google does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs
alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google
is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Google, Mountain View , Engineering Director, Desktop, Search, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!