Senior Product Manager
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 9, 2021
What do we do and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world's
largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to
provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to
professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of
over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists
have assisted more than a million people face life challenges.
Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five
million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month
that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally
and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept
agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your
own path from day one. We invest in our people's well-being and
upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth
go hand-in-hand.What are we looking for?BetterHelp is looking for a
generalist with experience and passion for building and growing
successful consumer (B2C) products. This individual will take
start-to-finish responsibility on some of our highest impact
projects which can include bringing to market new products and
features, as well as optimizing our existing products to sustain
and accelerate the growth of our counselor base. It is an exciting
opportunity for someone who wants to execute fast and see quick
results - while making a real difference in the world.What will you
- Lead highly visible and critical initiatives that materially
impact the trajectory of the company. This includes end to end
ownership of new products, features and experiments with a goal of
improving counselors growth and counselors outcomes.
- Initiate, evaluate and prioritize ideas, gather requirements
and create specifications for all product changes that will achieve
maximum impact and benefit.
- Analyze and quantify the impact and success of each and every
product change we've made, and then draw conclusions and plan next
steps based on actual data.
- Collaborate with the development and design teams before,
during, and after each "sprint" to maximize resources' efficiency,
utilization, and happiness.
- Partner with the design and engineering team, create a
counselor experience that is both delightful and effective.
- Perform UAT and functional QA to make sure we're launching only
- Internally: Work cross-functional with all parts of the company
(development, support, marketing, business development, operations)
in order to (a) convert their insights into product improvements;
and (b) to convey the performed changes to them and to make sure
they are being integrated and used effectively.
- Externally: Connect with all external stakeholders (members,
providers, marketing channels, business partners, regulators) both
inbound and outbound to make sure our product is meeting their
needs and requirements.
- Participate in setting the strategy and long-term direction for
the organization - both within and beyond the context of
- Continually seek ways to improve everything we do and optimize
the value we bring to our stakeholders.
- Own KPI's and be obsessed about them.
- In a nutshell: [Ideate, execute, test, measure, analyze, learn,
iterate] x What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much
time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but
we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved
in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad
attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we
believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance.
- At least 3 years of experience in a product role at a B2C
company and proven success through measurable impact and increasing
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of unit/business economics and
proven ability to balance business and technical considerations for
- Super analytical: proven experience in using data and relevant
tools for driving critical business outcomes.
- Technical: Strong understanding of how web applications are
built, ability to participate in technical decisions, ability to
read basic code and write SQL queries.
- Experience in quickly launching products on a regular basis in
an agile environment with a track record of delivering products on
time and with high quality.
- Great eye for UX and understanding of its related metrics.
- You must include the word "moussaka" in your application (this
goes to being thorough and attention to detail).
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, strong
attention to detail, able to work independently.Bonus (great to
have but not required):
- Experience with marketplace-based business models.
- Growth experience.
- Online marketing and advertising experience.
- Experience in both desktop and mobile environments.
- Experience with launching your own business (or at least trying
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute
walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado
toast!), and locally roasted coffee
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and
admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and
- Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day#LI-PK1
Keywords: BetterHelp, Mountain View , Senior Product Manager, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!