Company: Hope Services
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Location: Mountain View, CATeam: Retail Services - Retail Team
/Work Type: Full-Time Purpose:
To manage day-to-day operations of the e-commerce book business of
Hope Services in partnership with Green Street Books. May also be
involved in supervision, hiring and training of staff as needed. To
maintain a safe and clutter-free work environment. Must be able to
display strong problem-solving skills, be independently motivated
and be willing to work on assignments; perform or discharge special
projects in areas of responsibility. Ensure maintenance of
equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and quality of
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of
the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for
carrying out the following functions:
1. Oversee and assure quality of operations and services of the
e-commerce book center, as well as external business operations as
assigned or developed in service center jurisdiction.
2. Manage the processing of all incoming and outgoing product to
meet operational needs.
3. Assures accuracy and timeliness of billing, payroll,
inventories, training records, and various internal and external
4. Oversee complete operational aspects including staffing, safety
and regulatory compliance, adherence to agency mission and
5. Operates machinery and large equipment as needed to support
operations and assure completion of tasks. Includes being certified
to operate a forklift.
6. Oversee and assign daily responsibilities to internal support
staff and client workers and will train staff to perform quality
7. Participates in the development and implementation of the agency
planning effort including departmental budgeting, policies and
procedures, and the implementation of agency goals.
8. Assures compliance with all safety regulations.
9. Creates a safe work environment by complying with all building
maintenance and safety practices.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to
assure efficiency of operations.
Minimum Qualifications :
Experience working in a warehouse setting is desirable.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
Reports To: District Director
Supervisory Responsibility : yes
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database and spreadsheet.
2. Ability to communicate professionally in both written and oral
forms; ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate
verbally and in writing.
3. Strong problem-solving skills and sound decision-making
abilities with proper use of common sense.
4. Ability to relate in a positive, constructive manner with
clients, HOPE staff, community and business members.
5. Ability to work independently, including managing time,
prioritizing, scheduling activities, completing assignments and
6. Ability to facilitate systems and checks to assure delivery of
quality service and product to internal and external customers
7. General knowledge of current fair employment and safety and
8. Knowledge of the operation of rehabilitation and business
organization and its relationships with various agencies,
institutions, and segments of the community.
9. Willingness to work with people with disabilities and quickly
determine a person's capabilities; must be patient and
Constant movement around service area, and travel into the
community. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of
intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent
in meetings, travel to various work site locations. Exposure to
outdoor weather and environmental conditions. Positions connected
to a production environment are also exposed to times of fast paced
activity, loud noise and to dust and airborne particles. The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment. PI124869778
Keywords: Hope Services, Mountain View , Manager, E-Commerce, Executive , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!