ANDROID CAMERA TEST ENGINEER
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Science / Engineering graduate Responsibility:
- Participate in requirement gathering JAD sessions and support
documentation where applicable (business functional UI usability
data compliance data migration NFR 3rd party tools & products).
- Raise clarifications with customer / onsite to eliminate any
ambiguity on the scope of work assigned from the Client / Project
- track to closure any open clarifications with customer /
- understand and translate requirements into design. (FOR
conduct meetings with customer SME----- s BA----- s and architect
to understand and clarify functional and technical requirements
Thought Leadership / Process Improvements / Delivery Excellence:
- ' Lead technology inititives incubate and build tools &
reusable assets for dev / Productivity enhancement.
- ' Understand the current IT/Technology trends and
analyze/identify the impact of each trend on the business segments
within vertical in relation to area under purview.
- Create reusable assets / supporting artifacts based on the
- Identify re usable solutions/assets which can be built within
the technology unit.
- Co author points of view.
- publish whitepapers.
- represent in the Technology Conferences/Roadshows/Forums.
- Guide teams to create case studies/whitepapers on
application/solution/enterprise architecture / technology
- Participate and present in industry forums technology forums
and workshops. Project Estimation:
- ' Provide input on technical effort estimation to arrive at
- participate in management reviews and teleconferences and
report weekly status and walkthrough to the Project Manager /
- Follow up with customer POC to resolve team issues and
- raise concerns regarding changes in timelines and expectations
with customer point of contact to resolve the same. Technology
Review for Projects:
- Review deliverables and tasks Assigned to the team to ensure
quality deliverables ontime. Capability Development:
- ' Build technical skills and capabilities through training and
- Train the teams on technology tools and techniques.
- Enable Knowledge sharing and training for the developers.
Design & Analysis:
- ' Develop proof of concept as designed by architect.
- setup development environment for team to work in.
- break up the modules considering technical aspects.
- Understand interdependencies of the various components in work
packages that are being developed.
- Create design documents with the support of the architects for
the assigned scope.
- Work with architect to understand the architecture of the
application high level approaches and ensure that the design is in
line with overall direction.
- conduct peer review as required.
- Organize design review sessions with various stakeholders to
validate design is as per requirements. Coding:
- ' Identify the standards applicable for the work packages /
- Familiarize the team with development environment and CTS and
customer specific coding standards guidelines and best practices to
be followed through sessions and document sharing.
- Review the code created by team and provide review comments to
- develop code for core / critical module(s) needed for the
- Contribute towards development of framework.
- Develop/ review tier coding business layer coding interface
development service development creation of stored procedures etc
as applicable for the work package / project.
- Write efficient queries and understand logical and physical
- follow up with Developers to ensure integration of components
(input / output).
- troubleshoot critical technical issues.
- Handle escalations related to critical technical issues.
- create detailed tasks for the scope and share timelines for the
same with the team.
- track the status of the tasks assigned maintain detailed task
information for the work packages owned and do periodic reporting.
- conduct technical review and audit.
- Create quality check points for all deliverables.
- estimate at task level in the area of work concerned measure
and report the actual effort against the estimated effort and
ensure task progress reporting in C20 or any other applicable tool.
- Prepare and report status for the scope responsible.
- conduct peer reviews in coding and testing phase. Testing:
- ' Develop comprehensive unit testing cases for modules
developed (as required) and unit test plans.
- execute unit testing.
- Create unit test logs.
- prepare unit test strategy test plan document and data
- automate unit testing and contributing to automation of unit
- Perform developer integration testing by integrating the
components developed by each individual team member and ensure that
the integration for the teams work has been completed before the
next phase of testing (system testing).
- Sign off on test cases created by team.
- discuss results / actions from NFR testing and sign off on the
same for system testing / NFR. Defect Management:
- Participate in defect triage meetings with the team and confirm
the defects identified highlight any new change request to the
agreed scope and identify actions to reduce defects.
- Monitor rework carried out on the code based on review comments
from code review / defects raised in unit testing peer testing SIT
UAT testing or any other relevant testing phase for core / critical
- Follow up with the team to close out on the defects.
- identify ways to prevent defects.
- Participate in transition of knowledge and to support
organization with any defects raised post production as required.
Process Improvements and Adherence:
- Create training plan for team as identified in the training
plan for the project.
- Plan and participate in innovation sessions.
- identify and implement innovative processes to reduce manual
intervention and improve productivity based on technology and
- Prepare business case to quantify process improvement (efforts
- Identify/ evaluate opportunities for value adds and implement
value adds for the project.
- Participate in front end delivery audit(s).
- highlight and identify technical risks to project manager.
- ' Contribute towards updating knowledge assets user manual
online help document installation scripts and installation manual
and leverage the same.
- Support process audit activities.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions for new joiners in the
- conduct training through academy (if approved).
- Guide and mentor team junior members from a technical
perspective to ensure quality delivery of the components. People
- ' Engage with team.
- resolve conflict within team.
- Define the teams goals.
- set performance expectations.
- conduct appraisals.
- set stretch targets and track performance against the same
- Identify groom reward and develop high performers.
- create training plans for team.
- Conduct technical evaluation for building team and share inputs
with supervisor / project manager. Must Have Skills
- Device under Test (DUT) Good To Have Skills
- Android Virtual Device
- Jira Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading
professional services companies, transforming clients' business,
operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique
industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build
and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in
the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is
consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by
video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to
present their current state or government issued ID during each
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability . click apply for full job details
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Mountain View , ANDROID CAMERA TEST ENGINEER, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!