Senior Staff Power Hardware Engineer
Company: Wisk Aero LLC.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: March 17, 2023
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through
safe, all-electric, autonomous flight.We are a passionate team
working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact
problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday
flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time
getting there and more time being there.If you want to be part of
shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a
Senior Staff Power Hardware Engineer to work with a team of
electrical engineers developing the energy storage and power
distribution system for an electric eVTOL aircraft. You will be
helping the design and development of the power electronic
assemblies for both low and high voltage, including the power
distribution network and circuit protection architecture for the
aircraft.What you will do:
- Serve as the Electrical Functional Focal by leading all of the
electrical team members participating on the Energy Storage and
Power System (ESPS) Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Providing oversight to external suppliers and reviewing the
compliance of the supplier with the requirements.
- Take ownership of power electronics concept development,
architecture trade studies, requirements development, detailed
performance analysis, optimization and key component specification
while focusing on safety and considering the reliability and cost
targets of the design.
- Lead the design, develop and qualification testing of the
aircraft's low voltage and high voltage protection and distribution
- Lead the design, development and test of the high battery
- Lead the design, development and test of the high voltage to
low voltage DC/DC power conversion system.
- Lead the effort to optimize weight savings throughout the ESPS
electrical power, protection and distribution system.
- Oversee component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout and
electrical analysis for the ESPS electrical power, protection and
- Develop control algorithms and conduct performance testing of
the power electronics and propulsion systems.
- Make recommendations to continually improve our design,
development and testing processes.What you have done:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, with 10 years of experience, (MS
or PhD counts towards years of experience)
- The prior experience designing and testing of high power
electrical systems includes:
- DC/DC power conversion systems
- Power distribution networks
- Aircraft protection schemes for both low and high voltage
- High Voltage battery management and energy storage systems
- Developing multi-kilowatt power electronics
- Designing weight optimizing high power inductors
- Designing mitigations for (and troubleshooting of) EMI/EMC
- A good grasp of analog and digital hardware development;
including DO-160 (or MIL-Std equivalent) processes for design,
validation and verification (qualification).
- Ability to model, simulate and optimize performance of
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Desired:
- Experience with weight minimization is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with ECAD tools Altium designer (or
- Familiarity with power electronics simulation tools like
- Experience developing thermal management for power
- Experience writing and executing test procedures for design
validation and verification (qualification).
- Familiarity with DO-311
- Familiarity with the latest SiC and GaN power electronic
devices.Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a
broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your
communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve
early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results
within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.Compensation and Benefits:In
addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity
to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality,
at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a
competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K,
health benefits and much more.Job Type: Full-timePay Range the
Company expects to pay:$178,000 - $232,000per year - The starting
base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors
such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related
experience that is consistent with a business necessity.We are
located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from
Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer
a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision
and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium),
alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company
holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting
period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top
of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered
lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks,
fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent
bonus program, happy hours and many more.In order to protect the
health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition
of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with
an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law.
Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or
observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against
COVID-19.Wisk Aero providesequal employment opportunities(EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.
Keywords: Wisk Aero LLC., Mountain View , Senior Staff Power Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...