Aircraft Structures Certification Engineer (DER)
Company: Wisk Aero LLC.
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through
safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. -We are a passionate team
working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact
problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday
flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time
getting there and more time being there. -If you want to be part of
shaping the future of mobility, then read on! We are seeking an
Aircraft Structures Certification Engineer (DER) to join our team
developing our next generation electric-powered aircraft. As a key
member of the certification team, the Aircraft Structures
Certification Engineer (DER) is responsible for ensuring that the
structures-related engineering data supporting aircraft
certification complies with the appropriate airworthiness
standards. The successful candidate is widely recognized in the
aerospace community as a subject matter expert in aircraft
structures with direct experience developing and building type
certified aircraft, from initial concept through flight testing and
- Ensure that the engineering data supporting aircraft
certification complies with the appropriate airworthiness standards
(Title 14 CFR Parts 23 and 27).
- Work with other members of the certification team to define the
certification plan for the aircraft structures (metal and
composite), including means/method of compliance, test plans, and
- Direct and coordinate certification activities related to the
- Support and witness certification-related tests and conformity
- Meet regularly with the certifying authority (FAA) to
communicate and refine the certification plan.
- Participate in FAA and industry sponsored activities related to
certification guidance for AAM vehicles.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Mechanical, Aerospace, or
- 8+ years of experience in design, analysis, and testing of
metal and composite aircraft structures.
- 5+ years of experience as an aircraft structures DER.
- Demonstrated success directing structures-related certification
activities leading to type certification of normal or transport
category aircraft or rotorcraft.
- Delegated authority in aircraft structures (metallic and
composite) for Title 14 CFR Part 23 for the following
- Static, dynamic, and fatigue analysis.
- Design and construction
- Material & process specifications
- Damage tolerance evaluationsPreferred
- Additional delegated authority in aircraft structures (metallic
and composite) for the following Title 14 CFR Part 23
- Flutter and ground vibration
- Safety analysis
- Flotation and ditching analysis
- Structural loading limitations
- Delegated authority in aircraft structures for the above
functions for Title 14 CFR Part 27. We are located in Mountain View
just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its
surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life
insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work
schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k)
plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter
assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we
also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight
lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program,
happy hours and many more. In order to protect the health and
safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of
employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an
FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law.
Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or
observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against
COVID-19. Wisk Aero provides -equal employment opportunities -(EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides
by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Wisk Aero LLC., Mountain View , Aircraft Structures Certification Engineer (DER), Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!