Technical Writer II
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Overview - -
We are seeking a skilled Technical Writer to join our client's team
at one of the world's largest technology companies. -
Hybrid in Mountain View, Ca., W2 (under Akorbi), Contract role
The mission is to strike the best balance between competing forces
like legal compliance, company values and policies, and users'
rights and freedoms, to improve the law, reduce risk, and keep
- Use working knowledge of the domain and work with subject
matter experts to create and deliver content based on project goals
and user needs.
- Use appropriate information architecture, format, voice, and
style based on the audience and relevant guidelines.
- Prepare drafts for review via relevant tools and ensure quality
of content through iteration with minimal guidance.
- Update content based on product or program changes and user
feedback, and update or delete irrelevant or outdated content, with
- Plan and research content and/or information architecture for
medium-sized projects that are of moderate to high
- Participate in planning and prioritization meetings with
relevant stakeholders (e.g., policy specialists, program managers,
marketing, legal, customers) to identify user needs and
product/program goals to align content accordingly.
- Organize information in an easily discoverable, coherent, and
- Quickly ramp up and learn complex technical information and
create well-written technical documentation
- Use a suite of internal tools to draft, develop, and publish
- Strong writing and editing ability.
- Ability to write according to our internal style
- Distill highly complex concepts and instructions into easily
digestible and user-friendly content.
- User experience / user studies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communication Studies, Software
Development, Law, or a comparable subject is preferred but not
- 4+ years of technical writing experience (writing SOPs,
engineering, or legal documentation)
- 1+ year using HTML in a professional capacity
Benefits: - - -
We offer a wide range of benefits including Medical, Dental, paid
holidays, and more.
About Our Client: - -
Our client is one of the largest technology companies in the world.
They are looking for the best, brightest talent available and have
tasked Akorbi with helping them find it.
About Akorbi: - -
Akorbi is a group of companies, based in Dallas, Texas,
specializing in providing enterprise solutions that empower
organizations to achieve success in the global economy. Our
customizable solutions include comprehensive workforce solutions,
multilingual contact centers with business process outsourcing
capabilities, interpretation, and localization services. -
Akorbi is the 13th fastest-growing woman-owned/led company in the
world, according to the Women Presidents' Organization. Our
founders have been featured in - -on the Bloomberg channel, as well
as several notable publications, including Forbes, Inc. Magazine,
TIME, Fortune and Google+.
Keywords: Akorbi, Mountain View , Technical Writer II, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!