Product Engineering Manager
Company: Eden Capital Careers
Location: Morgan Hill
Posted on: July 31, 2022
PRODUCT ENGINEERING MANAGER - JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARYAs
Product Engineering Manager at Our Client you will manage a team of
highly skilled engineers to transition best-in-class RF products to
manufacturing and support manufacturing with all technical issues.
You will lead a team of talented engineers working with multiple
design teams to develop the next generation of Our Client's
best-in-class RF products. You will introduce a broad range of new
RF products on-time and with a full understanding of their
electrical and mechanical performance. You will develop working
samples, validate their performance, support full characterization,
generate datasheet specification data and performance plots,
support qualification and test development activities and ensure a
seamless hand-off to Manufacturing teams at production release and
ramp-to-volume. You will collaborate with other stakeholders, such
as Quality, Reliability and Manufacturing Engineering, to drive
reliability and Design for Manufacturing (DfM) activities, resolve
product-related quality issues, provide cost-effective test
solutions, and help identify areas for yield optimization and cost
reduction at high volume manufacture. You will support
manufacturing to meet key performance indicators such as on time
delivery, cost reduction, and reliability improvements. This is a
role for an experienced leader with deep technical knowledge in
high frequency electronics and component testing and a hands-on
approach. This role reports to the Director of
Engineering.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of highly skilled Product Engineers, Engineering
Technicians, and Prototype Assemblers to bring a broad range of new
passive, hybrid and MMIC products from the design phase through to
production release and ramp to volume.
- Own the creation and release of completely accurate production
documents for new products, including prototype material drawings,
assembly drawings, outline drawings, BoMs, and work instructions.
Oversee creation and document review to eliminate errors.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to release multiple new
products simultaneously into production quickly and efficiently and
with the highest quality.
- Participate in design reviews and work with design engineering
teams to fully understand mechanical and electrical
- Translate design requirements to the purchasing team, including
substrate materials and circuit layout, component selection and
device assembly. Ensure that all tooling required is prioritized
and developed in time for prototype assembly and test.
- Deliver prototype builds on time and to design specifications
with limited documentation from design teams.
- Establish a robust validation and characterization methodology
based on a Product Compliance Matrix approach that ensures
consistency between design simulation data, bench testing
(validation, characterization) and production test.
- Work with test engineering to test of all new products,
including hardware set up and test program readiness. Collaborate
with test engineering to create production test plans.
- Generate test data for all datasheet parameters and typical
- Troubleshoot test and measurement issues including equipment
setup, calibration and test conditions to confirm that testing is
- In collaboration with design and product engineering teams,
troubleshoot prototypes and
- packaging designs for electrical, mechanical, and reliability
- Work with Operations stakeholders to optimize Standard Product
Cost and establish reliability and manufacturability goals early on
in the product development process and ensure they are achieved
prior to product release.
- Generate recommendations for product and process DFx
(Manufacturing, Assembly,Test, Reliability) oversight to ensure
manufacturability and product cost.
- Provide technical leadership and oversee the career growth and
technical development of the RF Product Engineering team.
- Manage Product Engineering personnel including talent
acquisition, performance management and talent development.
Establish strategies to improve skill levels within the teams.
Coach team members on organization, time management and people
- Support manufacturing team with technical support to improve on
time delivery, cost reduction, and reliability.
- Support manufacturing team with test setups, test processes,
and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Process and approve engineering change notices to document
changes to documentation, processes, and designs.
- Promote an ethics-based business culture in the
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics,
Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, and 10+
years of experience in engineering leadership positions related to
high performance RF products is required. Electromechanical new
product development experience is also preferred.
- Successful track record in new product development with
demonstrated achievement leading the complete product development
cycle from design-ready to product release.
- Deep understanding of RF components (Mixers, Passives,
Amplifiers, Switches) including design considerations, assembly
requirements and hands-on test experience (bench and ATE).
- Strong device physics and process knowledge in GaAs, bulk Si
and SOI technologies.
- Highly experienced in working with RF Test Equipment (e.g.
Agilent Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator,
VNA...) to characterize high frequency devices.
- Understanding of electronics packaging and manufacturing
processes including surface mount packaging, reflow soldering, wire
bonding, die attach, circuit board materials, and related topics is
- Strong technical skills in microelectronics prototyping,
skilled in interpreting assembly drawings, engineering
specifications and good knowledge of electronic components.
Experience with mechanical drafting tools in general and AutoCAD in
particular is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a complex environment with
ability to motivate, inspire and drive a talented team of engineers
from multiple disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software,
technician, etc.) to meet challenging goals.
- Results-oriented and motivated leader, flexible to changing
priorities and able to provide strong, collaborative technical
leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Extremely detail-oriented, accurate, and highly organized.
- Excellent data analysis skills and a logical approach to
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
management, peers, and customers.
- Highly proficient in a Windows environment and with a recent
version of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- -Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
Keywords: Eden Capital Careers, Mountain View , Product Engineering Manager, Engineering , Morgan Hill, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!