Machine Learning Engineer - Simulation
Company: Didi Labs
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: May 11, 2022
We are looking for excellent machine learning engineers/applied
scientists to join our Mountain View office to develop AI solutions
to improve the fidelity, coverage and scalability of simulation for
DiDi autonomous vehicle project. The simulation team's work is
critical to the success of the entire project: It speeds up
development-verification cycles by enabling onboard module
engineers to rapidly evaluate their changes and iterate. It ensures
the quality of software deployed on real-world autonomous vehicles
to minimize safety risk s . Also, comparing with real-road testing,
simulation could expand testing coverage by orders of magnitude
with only a fraction of the cost. Although we have been making
great progress, there are still many technical challenges ahead of
us in this area. All-levels engineers are all welcome to join, and
your contributions could be key to bring autonomous vehicles to
DiDi's transportation network! Responsibilities:
- Research and develop evaluation metrics for measuring the
- Research and develop algorithms, e.g., generative, domain
adaptation models, for simulating realistic 2D image, 3D point
cloud, radar and etc.
- Research and develop trajectory prediction/planning algorithms
to produce realistic agent behaviors.
- Develop efficient scenario creation tools, including convenient
ways to specify agents behavior and parameterized scenario
- Develop data processing and analytics platform to process
simulation data, extract and visualize information. Collaborate
with onboard engineering and triage teams to quantify, monitor and
improve the performance and safety metrics using data science
skills. -Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related
- Solid programming and proficient in C++ and/or Python.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Attentive to detail and strive for engineering excellence.
- Deep knowledge in deep learning modeling and computer
- Experience with simulation for autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with perception, prediction and planning stack for
- Experience with graphics and rendering. About the Company: Didi
Chuxing ("DiDi") is the world's leading mobile transportation
platform. We're committed to working with communities and partners
to solve the world's transportation, environmental, and employment
challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that
optimize resource allocation. Didi Chuxing's Autonomous-Driving
team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive
research and development organization covering HD mapping,
perception, behavior prediction, planning and control,
infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical,
problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and
security, among others. We're developing and testing self-driving
vehicles in China and the United States. In August 2019, DiDi
upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to
focus on R&D, product application, and business development
related to self-driving technologies. The new company will
integrate the resources and technology of DiDi's platform, continue
to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with
auto industry partners.
Keywords: Didi Labs, Mountain View , Machine Learning Engineer - Simulation, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!