Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are on a mission to make access to urgent goods as
frictionless and universal as access to information. Every day we
move closer to achieving this mission as we expand our drone
logistics networks around the world. We are building the
infrastructure for the cities of the future, serving healthcare
(from delivering Covid vaccines in North Carolina, to exploring
opportunities in India) and expanding into e-commerce to provide
24/7 access to goods at a fraction of the cost, time and CO2
emissions of any transportation system used today.
Join Matternet as Senior Mechanical Engineer on our Aircraft team
to design and engineer Matternets future aircraft models under the
strict demands of the FAA and other regulatory agencies around the
- Design components and sub-assemblies for Matternets existing
and future aircraft.
- Be responsible for aircraft sub-assemblies from prototype
through EVT/DVT/PVT, and support Manufacturing.
- Create drawings, BOMs and specifications.
- Work with Quality and Manufacturing to solve problems.
- Located in the SF Bay Area, able to work onsite in Mountain
- BSME or equivalent with 5 or more years of experience;
internships, military and work while getting your degree count as
- 5+ years of experience with CAD software
- PLM experience
- Extensive product development experience, and interaction with
manufacturing and suppliers
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively across
functional teams, navigate complex trade spaces, and to keep
technical projects with tight timelines on track
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM
- Experience with Arena
- Experience in a regulated industry including aerospace with FAA
oversight, medical devices under FDA regulations, automotive,
- Tool and/or fixture design experience
- Manufacturing line experience
- Experience with Shock and Vibration and/or Dynamic Systems
- Experience designing tightly integrated electronics enclosures
and thermal solutions
- Practical knowledge of how to quickly prototype and test
designs as well as experience with high-volume production
manufacturing methodsby Jobble
Keywords: Matternet, Mountain View , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!