Senior Full Stack Engineer
Company: Quest Groups LLC
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer / Web Developer - Mountain
View, CAWhat do we do and why join us?
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally
and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept
agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your
own path from day one. We invest in our people's well-being and
upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth
- What are we looking for?
- We're looking for a talented, motivated, smart individual with
a passion for software engineering, a strong desire to learn and an
interest in providing mentorship to junior level developers. This
position is ideal for a seasoned software engineer who has worked
on multiple challenging projects. We are especially looking someone
who enjoys hacking outside of work as much as in; someone not
afraid to write code to scratch an itch. We love technology and so
What technologies will you work with?
- Our backend tech stack is currently Linux, nginx, MySQL, PHP
- Our frontend tech stack includes Twig (php templates),
Bootstrap 3, jQuery, HTML5, CSS3/SASS.
What will you do?
- You will develop end to end. You own your features and see them
through to production and beyond.
- You will develop best practices and write clean, secure,
readable, scalable code. OOP where appropriate.
- You will collaborate with other team members - engineers and
- You will integrate and build for external and internal
- You will develop new products in PHP and alter existing PHP
code to accommodate scale and integration with new technologies and
- You will write and optimize SQL queries and design
- You will create and code complex backend algorithms.
- You will profile and optimize new and legacy code.
- You will be leveraging Bootstrap 3, jQuery HTML5, CSS3 and
other open source technologies.
- You will always be thinking cross-device and cross-platform,
mobile, tablet and desktop.
- You will ship often and fast. We keep an agile environment with
- You will care and be involved in our product, mission, and
success - way beyond checking off development tasks.
- You will enjoy great teamwork and lots of fun.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad
attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much
time we have until the next round". We're fully backed and funded,
all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to engineering and coding. Have a
thought or idea about how we do our product, marketing, business
development, operation or customer support? Speak up! Get involved,
- You will NOT chase the latest most sophisticated technology
just because it's there. We love sexy technology but we love
practical solutions that get the job done even more.
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we
believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- Must be able to legally work in the US.
- Deep understanding of web development concepts and
- Example full-stack projects.
- At least one major demonstrable project with front-end code,
back-end code and database.
- Ability to design, develop and launch a web application from
start to finish.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Get-things-done attitude with eagerness to build something
- 5+ years of experience in web development (any stack), solving
challenging problems and implementing new features from
- 3+ years of experience in SQL. Designing relational DB schemas,
complex queries, etc...
- Familiar with web & SQL security best practices.
- Comfortable working outside the context of a framework.
Frameworks can help you get some things done more quickly, but we
find it helpful if candidates are comfortable working outside of a
framework so they have a good understanding of what is going on
behind the scenes first.
- Experience using git in a team environment.Helpful, but not
- Work or internship experience in startups
- Experience with the LAMP/LEMP stack
Keywords: Quest Groups LLC, Mountain View , Senior Full Stack Engineer, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!