Jr. Full-Stack Developer / QA Engineer
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Who are we and why join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world's
largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to
provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to
professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of
over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists
have assisted more than a million people face life challenges.
Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five
million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month
that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally
and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept
agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your
own path from day one. We invest in our people's well-being and
upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth
What are we looking for?
This is the perfect place for junior level engineers to start out
and grow their full stack web development skillset. Manual testing
is a part of the role, but engineers at all levels share the manual
testing burden. Our QA Engineers are mainly focused on bug triage;
handling bug reports, reproducing them, investigating the code and
ultimately writing fixes that get deployed to production. We are
looking for an engineer with good attention to detail, the ability
to learn quickly and pick up new skills independently, and a
get-things-done attitude with eagerness to build something
What will you do?
- Work with a nimble passionate team; collaborating with
development and support.
- Write test scripts and SQL queries, work with various
automation tools and debuggers utilizing the full stack.
- Bug triage: handle incoming bug reports, go beyond
investigating and write bug fixes yourself.
- Maintain a continuous integration server, design new
- Manual testing: reading code, figuring out what might break and
breaking it before it reaches production.
- Use your detective work to get to the AH-HA! moment when you
find the root cause of an issue and figure out how to fix it.
- You will care and be involved in our product, mission, and
success - way beyond checking off tasks.
What technologies will you work with?
- LEMP Stack
- Debug tools like xDebug and Chrome Developer Tools
- Monitoring, Alerting, Logging services to elevate awareness of
- 1+ years of combined experience in web development (any stack);
solving challenging problems and implementing new features from
- Experience working or internship experience in startups is a
- Experience using git in a team environment is a plus.
- 1+ significant full stack web development projects that you
have worked on independently (not for a class).
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much
time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but
we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved
in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we
- You will NOT treat this as a "job". We believe in what we do
and we are very passionate about it. If you're simply looking for a
job to pay the bills, please don't apply.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad
attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we
believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute
walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado
toast!), and locally roasted coffee
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and
admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and
- Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day
Keywords: BetterHelp.com, Mountain View , Jr. Full-Stack Developer / QA Engineer, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!