Machine Learning Engineer
Company: Kodiak Robotics
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 10, 2021
Kodiak Robotics is not just a software company, we are
developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team
is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology
companies in the space. We are looking for a highly skilled machine
learning engineer to join us and solve real-world robotics
problems. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for designing machine learning algorithms and
implementing them in robust, efficient, and well-tested C++ and/or
- Lead the development of deep neural networks to solve
real-world robotics challenges such as lane detection, object
detection and classification, sensor fusion, tracking, prediction,
anomaly detection, and planning.
- Work with camera, laser, radar, and ultrasound data and curate
datasets for machine learning.
- Setup automated training pipelines and develop data analytics
tools to incrementally improve our performance on a growing
- Collaborate closely with other experts on the team, including
the planning and systems engineering team. Qualifications:
- Strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with academic or
industry experience in designing and implementing deep neural
networks. You are a skilled software engineer with experience in
C++ and strong problem-solving skills. You are passionate about
solving real-world robotics problems, and you have ideally worked
on autonomous robots before. You ideally also have a strong
knowledge of data processing pipelines for training ML models in
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to
deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance
of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast
and smart, and you are comfortable in the earlier stages of
developing an algorithm from scratch.
- Hands on. You are not only passionate about ML research but
also experienced working with production machine learning
pipelines, from dataset collection and labeling to training and
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise,
and detailed documentation. You can enable your colleagues to
leverage the ML models resulting from your work in their algorithms
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed
and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office! At Kodiak,
we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common
company goals in a safe and--collaborative environment where
harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed
to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity,
religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or
veteran status,--or any other basis protected by applicable
Keywords: Kodiak Robotics, Mountain View , Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!