Full Stack Web - Sr. Applications Engineer
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: March 26, 2020
H2O.ai is the open source leader in AI with a mission to
democratize AI for everyone. H2O.ai is transforming the use of AI
with software with its category-creating visionary open source
machine learning platform, H2O. More than 18,000 companies use
open-source H2O in mission-critical use cases for Finance,
Insurance, Healthcare, Retail, Telco, Sales and Marketing. H2O
Driverless AI uses "AI to do AI" in order to provide an easier,
faster and cost-effective means of implementing data science.
H2O.ai partners with leading technology companies such as NVIDIA,
IBM, AWS, Intel, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform and is
proud of its growing customer base which includes Capital One,
Progressive Insurance, Comcast, Walgreens and MarketAxess. For more
information and to learn more about how H2O.ai is driving an AI
Transformation, visit www.h2o.ai.
We are looking for a highly skilled full stack web application
engineer at a senior position who is comfortable with cloud native
application development in Java, Angular. Full Stack Engineers at
H2O are typically responsible for developing and designing product
- front and back end architecture. The front end will also require
you to work with designs from web designers. The engineering skills
are directly focussed towards building products around specific
machine learning solutions. So you would be frequently working with
data scientists who are building model-solutions for problems. As a
Senior Developer, you will develop best-in-class applied AI
solutions while working with an energetic and innovative team. In
this role you will be responsible for developing RESTful services,
implementing changes to the database and service models, creating
new modules, and developing integrations with 3rd party
The ideal candidate will be a full stack Web application
development with experience in ( Java / SQL / GCP / Azure / Angular
/ TypeScript / HTML / CSS).
The developer should be willing and excited to contribute to
discussions while taking the initiative to solve problems and get
the job done while taking on new challenges. You should thrive in
team-oriented and fast-paced environments where each team-member is
vital to the overall success of the product.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, troubleshoot and maintain cloud native application
code for existing programs on both the front-end (TypeScript,
etc.) on cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Design, develop and test new modules throughout their life
- Collaborate with team in defining architecture; implement data
contracts; identify and proactively advise on potential risks to
- Manage application dependencies
- Work with Q/A team to develop and maintain regression and unit
- Develop, test and maintain CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain application infrastructure established using GCP,
Azure and AWS
- Follow coding conventions, policies and procedures provided
Qualifications and Skills
- Cloud native application development experience in GCP, Azure
- 3-5 years of core Java development experience, expert-level
Java knowledge is a requirement.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale
- Experience building RESTful APIs with Spring Boot
- Expert-level RDBMS experience with at least one of the
following: MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Have experience creating other types of APIs, such as
- Also add good understanding of JUnit, CI/CD principles and
working with Git in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working on a team and group collaboration with code
reviews and rapid, continuous integration.
- Prefered experience with popular front-end JS frameworks (i.e.
- Prefered experience with Hibernate and JPA.
- Understanding of docker and its use in general web application
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible work hours and time off.
H2O.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: H2O.ai, Mountain View , Full Stack Web - Sr. Applications Engineer, Engineering , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!