Regional Health and Wellness Coach / Office Manage
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionCOMPANY OVERVIEW JumpstartMD is a medical
practice dedicated to improving health and well-being through
lifestyle changes leading to sustainable, clinically significant
weight loss. Informed by cutting edge research, quantified
biometrics and medical supervision, JumpstartMD tailors weight loss
plans to help members through a low-carbohydrate, real food based,
personalized approach to optimize health and wellness. Bioidentical
hormone replacement therapy also available to achieve similar ends.
Founded in 2007 by Stanford trained physicians and board-certified
Diplomates of the American Board of Obesity Medicine, JumpstartMD
has 12 offices in the Bay Area including: Marin, Piedmont, Walnut
Creek, San Francisco, Redwood City, Burlingame and more, with plans
for additional center openings soon. Our professional staff
includes experts in medicine, nutrition, psychology and physical
fitness who meet individually with members each week. All are
passionate about empowering our members with knowledge, personal
support, and proven science to achieve optimized health. POSITION
SUMMARY: The Regional Health and Wellness Coach/Office Manager
(Member Care Coordinator) will serve as the jack-of-all-trades,
holding responsibilities in all functional areas of the clinical
operations team. Duties will alternate between both roles and will
provide coverage to a group of clinics within a designated
region(s). POSITION TITLE: Regional Health Coach / Office Manager
(Member Care Coordinator) REPORTS TO: Clinician
ManagerCLASSIFICATION: Regular, Part Time, Non-Exempt LOCATION:
Monterey Bay and Capitola, California As a Health Coach, the
incumbent will provide 1:1 coaching sessions to members
participating in JumpstartMD's weight loss program. The Health
Coach will utilize motivational interviewing skills and develop
individualized plans to assist members in achieving optimal health
and wellbeing. The Health Coach will continue to develop strong
rapport with members and offer empathy, guidance, education and
support to effectively support their weight loss journey.
Additionally, the Health Coach will provide assistance with
JumpstartMD's Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
program. Under the direction of a licensed Clinician, the Health
Coach will assist in performing medical procedures to members
seeking to restore hormones and improve their overall quality of
life. As a Member Care Coordinator (MCC), the incumbent will
provide exceptional customer service as the host and first point of
contact for all visitors entering and exiting the clinic. The MCC
will be responsible for member check-ins, appointment scheduling
and reminders, responding to emails and high-volume calls,
collecting payments and resolving billing discrepancies, managing
office inventory and demonstrating strong knowledge of program
plans, insurances and other related benefits. In addition, the MCC
will offer suggestions and ideas to continue improving the member
experience. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Health Coach
- Conduct weekly 1:1 coaching sessions with members participating
in JumpstartMD's weight loss program. Utilize motivational
interviewing skills and establish strong rapport to effectively
communicate, guide, educate and support members on their health &
- Conduct health screenings and develop individualized program
plans with members, catering to each member's specific needs
(dietary restrictions, health issues, and overall health and
- Provide member follow-ups and document all visits, track
progress and results, and make modifications as needed.
- Provide services in JumpstartMD's bio-identical hormone
replacement therapy (BHRT) program. Under the direction of a
licensed clinician, perform medical procedures including EKG's,
blood pressure, in-body tests, full body composition analysis,
autoclaving and provision of sterile instruments, vitamin and
pellet injections, and phlebotomy.
- Manage initial member inquiries and phone calls. Send reminders
and provide appointment follow-ups.
- Assess proper labs prior to initial consultations and/or
follow-up visits. Notify clinician for phone follow-ups for lab
- Perform EMR charting under oversight of clinician to facilitate
work flow and keep medication and problem lists up-to-date and
organized. Accurately record insertion doses, lot numbers and
expiration dates on pellets. Ensure accuracy of member information
(DOB, email, phone, other) is in EMR.
- Appropriately triage and facilitate medication refill requests
and inquiries from pharmacies.
- Assist in daily clinic operations, including opening and
closing of procedures, and maintaining a tidy clinic environment.
- Manage and order BHRT inventory (pellets, supplements,
- Manage account balances and correcting outstanding debts and/or
other inconsistencies. Member Care Coordinator
- Host and first point of contact for all members and visitors
entering the clinic office. Manage all member interactions and
inquiries with professionalism and courtesy, delivering an
exemplary member service experience.
- Manage member check-ins, schedule appointments and reminders,
and follow-ups as needed.
- Answer high-volume calls and respond to messages and emails in
a timely manner.
- Assist new members with agreement forms and obtain appropriate
signatures. Review program details, payments and options for
- Process orders, collect payments and resolve billing
- Manage office inventory. Ensure supplies and materials are
- Receive and sign for mail and packages, notify appropriate
recipients of deliveries. Manage outgoing mail and packages
(schedule pickups, create shipping labels, etc.).
- Assist with new hire setup and training. Review curriculum,
account and systems setup, and shadow as needed.
- Manage the opening and closing of the clinic.
- Build and maintain excellent rapport with members to promote
- Collaborate with providers and team members, offering ideas and
suggestions to strengthen the member experience.
- Assist with other projects and assignments as needed.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's or Associates degree
in related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role, preferably
in a medical or clinical office setting.
- Proficient in MS Office 365, EHR/EMR systems, and scheduling
and billing systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to efficiently perform
job duties in a fast-paced work environment with zero to few
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Flexible with a team-player mentality. Ability to work
collaboratively and efficiently in an intimate clinical setting.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to grow and scale the #1 physician-referred
weight loss program in Northern California, and work alongside a
team of passionate professionals dedicated to improving the overall
health and wellbeing of members seeking lifestyle changes.
- Competitive pay and potential bonus earnings.
- 401(k) plus company match.
- Accrued Paid time off (PTO).
- Free JSMD services (BHRT/weight loss) and discounts on JSMD
productsWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. Powered by JazzHR16Gnien4IJ
Keywords: JumpStartMD, Mountain View , Regional Health and Wellness Coach / Office Manage, Education / Teaching , Capitola, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!