Product Lead, Publishing Platform
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news.
Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. We're
the nation's largest intelligent local news platform!
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android. With
11M+ daily active users and 25M+ monthly users (data source: App
Annie), we're also ahead of all major news apps such as The New
York Times, CNN News, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, and
We're a series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View,
About The Role
We are looking for a seasoned PM to lead our publisher platform
product, which is our main B2B offering for our publisher partners
to create, edit, manage, and monetize their content on News Break.
The role is also responsible for the B2C product experience for
content discovery, consumption, and user engagement of in-network
publisher content on our core News Break app. You will join a
dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional
teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the
company's vision and strategy.
We already have 2,000+ premium publishers and/or content creators
partnering with us on this platform, with daily content creation of
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, both in
publisher and reader sides
- Identify customer pain points, fill product gaps, and generate
new product ideas
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with
key external partners
- Translate product ideas into detailed business and technical
requirements by working closely with designers, engineers, BD, and
- Scope and prioritize development tasks, timeline, and expected
outputs. And get alignment with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick
time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with marketing,
business, engineering, and other colleagues
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and
- Continue to drive cross-team collaboration on optimizing the
Publisher Platform product
- Proven work experience in product management for Internet or
high tech companies. Startup experience is a plus.
- Proven work experience in News, Digital Media, or Content
Creator Network is a strong plus
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful
product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and
effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on
experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's
sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree
We provide highly competitive compensation package including base
salary, bonuses, and options. Benefits include great Medical,
Dental and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture
makes this a perfect environment to make huge impact on our product
and grow your skill set.
Keywords: NewsBreak, Mountain View , Product Lead, Publishing Platform, Advertising , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!