Office Clerk (Bilingual Sp/Eng)
Company: Voices College-Bound Language Academies
Location: Morgan Hill
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionOverviewThough 9 in 10 Latino young adults say a
college degree is important for success in life, fewer than 15% age
25 or older hold a bachelors degree. Voices College-Bound Language
Academies exists to change that. Voices is a public charter school
network with a mission to prepare all students for the challenges
of higher education through the context of an academically rigorous
dual-language program. Every student, regardless of home language,
graduates bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish. As we
expand to serve more traditionally underserved students, Voices
seeks additional team members who share a commitment to its mission
and believe joyful learning and world-class academic preparation
are not mutually exclusive.Role SummaryVoices Academies Office
Clerk will have strong project management and organizational
skills, has the entrepreneurial spirit required for a startup, and
deeply believes in the mission and values of Voices. Reporting to
the Principal and Business Manager, the Office Clerk will oversee
the front office of the school and day to day front office
operations, perform and coordinate varied and responsible
secretarial and clerical functions relieving Principal/Business
Manager of clerical and routine administrative details including
making frequent contacts with parents, students and staff. The
ideal candidate will not only be innovative, but also have an
unwavering commitment to work in an innovative and mission driven
school environment. He/She will have the ability to maintain a
pleasant demeanor and positive attitude: in a high-traffic work
area, with frequent interruptions by students, parents and staff.
- Provide information and answer questions regarding school
programs, policies, procedures and regulations; relay information,
messages and directives from the Principal.
- Track student attendance and tardiness; assist in verifying
reasons for absence, admit tardy students to class, monitor student
sign out log and verify adult authorization to remove students from
- Monitor student permission slips and medication/health forms
for field tips and ensure all medications are distributed
- Monitor and track all necessary student forms are collected as
- Perform core office activities and administrative functions:
phones, mail, ordering supplies, typing, maintaining the general
files and databases.
- Assist in providing information in person and via telephone,
take and relay messages for staff and students
- Assist in maintaining and updating requirements for student
immunizations and maintain records of medical testing (hearing,
vision, scoliosis), student immunizations.
- Assist in maintaining and updating student files and database
- Assist with fundraising activities as necessary.
- Maintain a variety of files and records which may contain
confidential materials, including emergency contact
- Assist with maintenance of inventory lists.
- Assist in preparation of bulletin boards, displays and other
- Assist in maintaining appropriate student behavior in an office
- Assist and support site administrative staff in all duties and
functions in the school office as directed.
- Ensure teachers are taking attendance on a daily basis.
- Oversees daily attendance process and creates systems to ensure
efficient monitoring of daily absences and tardies. Includes
recording of absences on attendance Log Sheet, verifying teacher
attendance submission by period, making phone calls home to
unexcused absences and running truancy reports.
- Ensure weekly attendance reports by teachers are printed, have
teacher signatures and are filed on campus.Communications:
- Act as a receptionist to office visitors, initiate and receive
a variety of telephone calls and provide information to parents,
students and the public.
- Maintain and distribute office generated forms and documents
(Tuesday Envelope, testing documents, parent workshop surveys, sign
in sheets, etc.)
- Makes routine follow up contact with parents, students, school
- Refers matters requiring detailed policy decisions to immediate
- Translate materials as needed.Voices Academies Office Clerk
candidates will have the followingRequirementsRequired
- High School diploma.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of
Voices Academies with a deep commitment to improving the lives of
students from low-income communities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and
- Outstanding written, speaking, and organizational skills with
experience interacting with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience or commitment to public education, social justice,
efficacy and equity.
- Knowledge of and experience working with low-income communities
- Understanding of dual language instructional practices and
school design and the unique characteristics of public charter
schools is a plus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
environment; working efficiently, and exercising excellent judgment
in making decisions.
- Tolerate high levels of stress Working Conditions:
- Regular requirement to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, read,
speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional evening and or weekend work
- Occasional travel.
- Willingness to be trained as needed. Prior to Employment: Once
an offer has been extended, a candidate must meet the following
criteria to receive a final contract:
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Valid TB ClearanceBenefitsKey Compensation:
- Hourly compensation range: $17.00 to $21.00 DOE
- Exceptional growth opportunities
- Retirement planContract:
- Reports directly to Principal, Business Manager
- Permanent Part-Time, Non-Exempt Position
- At-Will Contract
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our
hiring team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank
Voices College-Bound Language Academies is an equal opportunity
employer. It is the policy of Voices to afford equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without
regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity,
ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental
disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition,
or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Voices College-Bound Language Academies, Mountain View , Office Clerk (Bilingual Sp/Eng), Administration, Clerical , Morgan Hill, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!