Administrative Associate 3
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Mount Hamilton
Posted on: May 11, 2022
This position will be based on the Stanford campus and is a
hybrid of working on-site and working from home, subject to
Stanford University, one of Silicon Valley's largest and most
unique institutions, is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to
provide complex and diversified administrative support to the 4
Vice-Chairs of the School of Medicine's Department of Surgery.
The Department of Surgery is a high-performing team of exceptional
faculty and staff, committed to setting and achieving high goals.
Reporting to the Director of Finance of Administration, the
administrator will provide high-level operational support to the
Vice-Chairs in a complex academic/clinical environment. This
position requires an individual who can work independently and with
minimal direction in performance of their duties. The AA must have
an excellent command of the English language in order to
independently compose and edit a variety of memos, letters,
presentations and reports.
Within a dynamic environment and minimal supervision, the
administrator will anticipate the needs of the faculty to
proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. The
ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, ability to
multi-task, be extremely organized & detailed, self-motivated; team
oriented, and must hold masterful communication skills that allow
high-level interactions with a diverse academic and medical
For more information about the Department visit:
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of financial
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher
education strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University
Medical Center or similar academic medical center preferred.
- Ability to independently compose and draft correspondence.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written
- Must be flexible, dependable & able to handle multiple
priorities with conflicting deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software (Microsoft PowerPoint and Word) and email
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 94391 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Mountain View , Administrative Associate 3, Administration, Clerical , Mount Hamilton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!