Office of the Chief Scientist Senior Science Staff
Company: KBR, Inc
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Office of the Chief Scientist Senior Science Staff Title:Office
of the Chief Scientist Senior Science StaffIn support of NASA's
endeavors to Discover, Explore, Develop, and Enable, the NASA Ames
Office of the Chief Scientist plays a central role in maximizing
Ames Research Center's scientific contribution to the agency
mission. The Office of the Chief Scientist fosters an environment
of collaboration between other NASA centers, promotes STEM
education, and influences NASA's future scientific direction. The
Senior Science Staff position supports the Office of the Chief
Scientist by managing speaker engagements, supporting science
workshops, organizing seminars, performing critical technical
reviews of research and innovation proposals, and hosting VIP
visits virtually and to the center.Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Prepare scientific articles and documents for public and
science community consumption. As the OCS covers a broad range of
science research conducted at NASA Ames and elsewhere within the
agency, the topics may be outside the employee's area of expertise.
This would require the ability to independently acquire a
competency and knowledge in an unfamiliar field by reading
literature and talking with experts.
- Prepare and review scientific and technical proposals for merit
- Provide Comprehensive support for meetings, workshops,
conferences, reviews, briefings, and technology interchange
meetings, including domestic and foreign travel.
- OCS Colloquia/Seminars
- OCS seminars, Summer Series, co-sponsored events
- invitations and thank you follow up letters
- abstract collection
- talking points
- centerwide announcement
- check copywrites on materials
- schedule additional tours
- coordinate room and video/web support
- poster creation, printing, distribution
- reception - arrange, set up, clear
- Ames Fellow, associate fellow, early career, etc
- Ames Innovation Fair
- Coordinate with other center awards (CIF, ARIA, IRAD)
- VIP support, as needed
- Setting up tours
- Note taking
- Perform less defined tasks as per Chief Scientist needs e.g.
contribute content to the OCS website.As part of the application,
please include a science technical writing sample - a research
manuscript, informational article, or other report of which the
applicant was the primary contributing author.Required
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific
field with 5+ years of experience in a professional setting such as
an executive office.Required Skills/Training:
- Must have strong technical writing skills.
- Must be comfortable researching technical area outside of
normal expertise and writing a summary for public and science
- Demonstrated ability to write successful science
- Proven oral and written science expertise.
- Experience in reviewing technical proposals.
- Computer skills. e.g., MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or their
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (oral and
- Proven track record of meeting action deadlines.
- PLEASE PROVIDE A TECHNICAL WRITING SAMPLE ON A SCIENCE TOPIC
WITH YOUR APPLICATION.Desired Education, Experience, Skills or
- Masters/Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field.
- Experience working at a NASA center is a plus.
- Experience organizing reviews, workshops, seminars is a
- Knowledge of NASA research and technology procedures is a
plus.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40 KBR is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status
and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local law. KBR is a global provider of differentiated
professional services and solutions across the asset and program
life cycle within the government services and technology sectors.
KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in
more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. --- KBR is
proud to work with customers across the globe to provide
technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and
maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable
results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Keywords: KBR, Inc, Mountain View , Office of the Chief Scientist Senior Science Staff, Administration, Clerical , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!