Senior Payroll Manager
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Airtable is looking for a high-energy, bright individual with a
minimum of 10 years experience in managing payroll to help oversee
our global payroll process. This role will be responsible for the
review of the salary & hourly payroll processing, commissions
calculation and processing, payroll journal entries,
reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with
An ideal candidate will be someone who is a game-changer and will
take charge of the entire payroll process, continually drive
process improvement, and be an expert payroll resource for the
entire company. If you have the experience and motivation to
oversee this business-critical process and the desire to grow
quickly within the Airtable organization, we need to talk!
What you'll do
- Effectively lead and manage a team and the end-to-end payroll
- Accurate, timely, and confidential processing of calculation
and settlement of cash compensation.
- Manage recording payroll transactions in the G/L, including
accruals. This includes analyzing the G/L balances, explaining any
large or unusual fluctuations and timely and accurate clearing of
related reconciling items.
- Serve as the main primary Payroll contact for employees as well
as various external parties (People team, auditors, system
- Effective, accurate and timely filing of all employer payroll
related compliance forms, withholding taxes and returns for all
applicable jurisdictions. This includes collaborating with Legal
and People Ops on the state registration process.
- Oversee recommending and influencing the implementation of
process improvements and tools solutions.
- Effective cross-functional collaboration with the People,
Legal, Accounting, and FP&A teams on general payroll and equity
- Actively participate with the wider Controllership team in
driving the People and Finance Systems roadmap, appropriately
prioritizing initiatives and helping to ensure automated solutions
are implemented timely and effectively.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc
projects as assigned.
Who you are
- 10+ years relevant work experience in payroll, including 5+
years of management experience with proven results for building and
leading highly effective teams.
- Experience with Payrolls larger than 1,500 employees and both
exempt and nonexempt employees, both multi-state and global
- Experience with tax equalization and a strong understanding of
payroll and equity matters with employee mobility cases.
- Power user level experience with multiple payroll, commissions
and equity automation tools and ERP systems. Prior Workday
- Experience in interacting with external parties including
auditors and other service providers.
- Familiarity with SOX compliance requirements
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered
(and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and
- Monthly "Lifestyle Wallet" to use for benefits like personal
fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet
care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable enables any team to create apps on top of shared data and
power their most critical and unique workflows. Teams at more than
300,000 organizations, including 80% of the Fortune 100, rely on
the Airtable Connected Apps Platform to connect their people and
data and achieve their most important goals. Founded in 2013 and
headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable ranks #6 on the Forbes
Cloud 100 and has raised $1.36 billion to date.
Keywords: Airtable, Mountain View , Senior Payroll Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!