Senior Compliance Officer
Location: Morgan Hill
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle
with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry?
At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a
variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity,
a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all
aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the
company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it's
marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international
assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the
power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
In this role you'll oversee all aspects of bike & general product
compliance standards to ensure all Specialized bike products comply
with international chemical and safety standards. You'll work with
our compliance, test, legal & product teams as well as work with
some of our international sales teams when standards affect
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide clarity to teams on international regulations as our
expert in product regulations & compliance
- Work with global teams on complex compliance issues
- Represent Specialized in selected international test
organizations as our representative
- Continuous improvement of product compliance processes
- Guide & collaborate with Asia-based compliance team in
establishing structure of documentation.
- Be Specialized's contact/leader at the forefront of new or
proposed international test or compliance standards.
- Lead & collaborate with test teams on planning & implementation
of new tests
- Lead strategic approach on certification and compliance
- Serve as subject matter expert for international standards &
Restricted Substances List (CPSIA, RSL includes (Prop65 & REACH),
ISO-4210, CPSC Part1512, EN15194, AS/NZ, EN71/ASTM963 & other
international safety standards as they arise (such as DIN79010 or
- Partner with legal team as needed.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Work with leaders from other functions to identify and fix gaps
in our way of working or create efficient process where gaps exist,
example: Bike Product Model level improvement project
- Advise on Compliance for Helmets, Apparel & Equipment:
- Partner with Test Engineering on new project Minimum Test
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- BS or MS in Engineering with 10+ years of engineering
- 7+ years of compliance &/or testing experience
- Demonstrated track record of increasing
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple cultures and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to keep teams
focused & moving forward towards overall goals
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced,
- Experience with Testing Organizations such as ISO, CEN, ASTM,
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Agile product lifecycle
management tools is a plus.
- Experience working with international cultures and
- A passion for cycling.
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Morgan Hill, CA
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a
competitive employee discount. For additional information on
benefits and perks, please visit
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel is required for this role
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body
types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a
diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We
encourage everyone - especially those from marginalized groups - to
apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the
rider's brand of choice. We are always looking for creative,
innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to
our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your
qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply
and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on , , and most importantly, our #.
Keywords: Specialized, Mountain View , Senior Compliance Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Morgan Hill, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!