Revenue Accounting Manager, Senior Staff
Company: Synopsys Inc
Location: Mountain View
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Synopsys, Inc. is looking for a strong technically oriented
Revenue Accounting Manager with a clear orientation towards
leadership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment. In
this role, you will be responsible for the financial close and
management process to ensure that revenue reporting follows our
company revenue policies, procedures, and external regulations.
This role reports to the Director of Revenue Recognition and will
be located at the company?s headquarters in Mountain View,
- Lead and manage month-end and quarter-end close activities
including revenue (and distributors? cost of revenue) recognition
in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 606)
- Assist in preparing the monthly management reporting package,
flux analyses, and support SEC reporting processes as
- Lead and manage the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end
financial audits by external auditors related to revenue
- Lead and manage key Revenue area key SOX controls and
compliance for the Revenue Team
- Collaborate with the finance department and other business
partners to support any request
- Design, document, implement and maintain effective accounting
policies, procedures and controls and ensure revenue policies are
documented and applied consistently globally
- Assist in Merger & Acquisition activities including due
diligence, integration, and PPA adjustments
- Help lead projects related to financial systems and business
process transformation/upgrades as necessary
- Continue to streamline and develop scalable processes and
policies for revenue accounting
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Proven experience driving performance in global, complex
technology companies, specifically with exposure to IP licensing
- Deep knowledge of ASC 606 (and/or IFRS 15).
- Significant experience working in a public company.
- Sophisticated operational background with exposure to best
- Operates with a sense of ownership and urgency, employing a
hands-on operational approach with clear and timely communication
- Proficient in ERP usage (RAR-SAP S4/Hana preferred)
- Strong working knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in
the practical application of revenue recognition guidance (US
- Exposure to Semiconductor industry strongly preferred
- Excellent teamwork, including the ability to interact with all
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business
or related fields (required)
- CA / ACCA (UK) or CPA (USA) (strong differentiator)
- 5+ years of public accounting experience with a Big 4 firm
(US/UK Offshore Center of Excellence) strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in revenue and managing teams
and experience in supporting revenue accounting operations in a
technology sector company (required).
At Synopsys, we?re at the heart of the innovations that change the
way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence.
The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are
ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we?re powering it all
with the world?s most advanced technologies for chip design and
software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want
to meet you.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
military veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Synopsys Inc, Mountain View , Revenue Accounting Manager, Senior Staff, Accounting, Auditing , Mountain View, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!